Bronson Mfg

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Aerosquad, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Aerosquad

Aerosquad New in Town

STAY AWAY FROM THESE GUYS ! Just tried to purchase a shirt from them. After the purchase they cancelled the order because I asked a few questions.

I tried to escalate the matter but they wouldn't allow me to speak to the owner. They just told me they didn't like my attitude and sent a cancellation.

It was a simple inquiry and to retaliate they cancelled. Oh well no bigee. More of a loss on their part.

Anyone know who the owner is ?

2. Guppy

Guppy My Mail is Forwarded Here

I own some their pants and shorts, it's pretty good quality. Sorry to hear they treated you that way. I'd recommend asking your questions before the sale.

3. Aerosquad

Aerosquad New in Town

I did. When I didn't get the discount they promised I asked about it. Not even a big deal. Guy got pissed and canceled the order and told me not to come back. He knew he was wrong. He is obviously afraid that I will
    escalate to the owner. To bad...looked like a nice shirt...lol!

4. mihai

mihai One of the Regulars

You saved some money :)
    Ordering from China is a hit and miss. Moreover a miss in my experience. They say yes yes yes until they get your money. One thing they advertise completely other you get. I am getting tired of these shop experiences - clothes, car mirror caps/floor mats... They are filling the world of cheap plastics/debris.

5. Bfd70

Bfd70 One Too Many

Ummmmm?

6. Will Zach

Will Zach Practically Family

Website looks like a direct translation from Chinese. Good prices, wondering if you can get the same stuff from Taobao if you look.

7. ProteinNerd

ProteinNerd My Mail is Forwarded Here

There is a seller on eBay that sells their stuff and he was great to deal with.

name is: vtgdr_store

dannyk and Bfd70 like this.
  8. 58panheadfan

58panheadfan A-List Customer

Although the china stuff from bronson may certainly be good in terms of quality etc. for me, buying clothes from china (what I can control by myself) is a no go for ethical reasons. Of course everyone can do whatever they want but I have my doubts ...

Edit: Maybe even now, in these difficult times, it's the proper time to think about your buying behavior ;)

Last edited: Apr 16, 2020
    Marc mndt and Boyo like this.
  9. Seb Lucas

Seb Lucas I'll Lock Up

I recommend simple skepticism about claims like this until we know more from other sources.

Bfd70, tweedydon, ton312 and 3 others like this.
  10. 58panheadfan

58panheadfan A-List Customer

As I said before, it is everyone's own thing ... for me, a "Made in China" label on a garment is a no go ... no matter where the sources come from. That's my personal view ;)

Boyo and Will Zach like this.
  11. robrinay

robrinay One Too Many

A
    Agreed - one bad experience doesn’t make a rule. Ps There’s an identical post on VLJ.- similar comments if anyone is interested.

tweedydon likes this.
  12. l0fielectronic

l0fielectronic Practically Family

Sorry to hear that. Asuming you are talking about the bronsonshop.com site, Have bought about five things from them in the past and its all gone through fine, items arrived in about two weeks.

There are also a couple of sellers on aliexpress who sell their products and the prices are about the same.

tweedydon likes this.
  13. breezer

breezer Practically Family

Hi I'm new here I just dropped by to make a random complaint about some random company......eeesh. What is the point you are trying to make? Oh yeh that we should 'STAY AWAY FROM THESE GUYS!' ..............err, no

Seb Lucas and Harris HTM like this.
  14. Fonzie

Fonzie One Too Many

To offer a counterpoint to this comment, I have bought several items from Bronson and the service has always been good, the shipping times reasonable and the quality/price ratio is great IMO.
    My experience with them has always been positive and I will continue to support them.

ProteinNerd, Kalmer and ton312 like this.
  15. Aerosquad

Aerosquad New in Town

Thats great ! So does anyone know who I can talk/e-mail to at Bronson other than the customer service e-mail?
    Seems like that person is afraid my concerns will get to someone else at Bronson that will find out that that individual is wrong.

16. l0fielectronic

l0fielectronic Practically Family

What questions do you have? Maybe some of us have the product you are asking about and can answer them.

17. Aerosquad

Aerosquad New in Town

Anyone familiar with Bob Dong or Non Stock shirts ? Seem to be out of stock everywhere

18. jonesy86

jonesy86 My Mail is Forwarded Here

Uh oh , here come more Bob Dong jokes.

ton312 likes this.
  19. o_moldavo

o_moldavo New in Town

Regarding their quality...has someone bought one of their parkas made of cotton satin? How well is it made? Is it so much worse than for example real mccoy cotton sateen? Or not so much? Thanks :)

20. an3ony

an3ony New in Town

Just my .2 ¢ but I bought one of their repop N1 jackets and it was excellent. Quality was great, fit was great (just took some figuring out based on the sizing chart), even the shipping was decently quick (from china to boston). I had no complaints. Not trying to contradict but again, take it FWIW

o_moldavo likes this.