Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brooks Gold Label Cafe

mr_lits

A-List Customer
Recently received a fresh jacket from Ricky Sinaga here on the forum. Not that I was in the market for another cafe jacket but... I have no will power and cave easily to new leather purchases.

I was not to be disappointed. The leather is butter soft, almost too much so for riding gear. Great grain and wear patterns to the hide. The liner is showing a bit of age but still solid and strong, all zips in good smooth working order. Needs a bit of an air out, little mothbally but nothing a bit of air and sunshine can get rid of. It has a bi-swing back, which is something I am not quite used to. I dont typically go for it in a jacket, but it does add mobility and forward reach.

IMG_4204.jpg
IMG_4207.jpg
IMG_4208.jpg
IMG_4209.jpg

mr_lits

A-List Customer
Anyhooos, wanted to share a few photos and thank Ricky again. Here are a few fit pics... I will need to loose a few pounds to fit it well (as I am sucking the muffin in a bit in the photos). Letting it all hang out looks a little ponchy.. I spare you guys the fat kid photos.

IMG_4178.jpg
IMG_4177.jpg

I'm such a moron for not getting this jacket... It's just insane! Look at that leather. All the details are there... Bah!

Congrats, mr_lits! Seriously.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
That's rockin'. I have a Lesco cafe racer headed my way. Was never enthusiastic about the style but that's a great look. We'll see!

Won't be able to forgive myself for not getting that jacket. My girlfriend banned me from using her Paypal account at the time plus the jacket was a bit too big, but still... There's always a way.

Yeah, the back seam and inside sleeve zipper ones are rare. I've only seen 'em pop up a few times on the bay. But ones that are even more of a rarity are top sleeve zipper versions. I've seen it just once if I remember right, and have been hunting for it ever since.

Wait, Terry, that's really you modeling the jacket?? Cool!!

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Won't be able to forgive myself for not getting that jacket. My girlfriend banned me from using her Paypal account at the time plus the jacket was a bit too big, but still... There's always a way.

Yeah, the back seam and inside sleeve zipper ones are rare. I've only seen 'em pop up a few times on the bay. But ones that are even more of a rarity are top sleeve zipper versions. I've seen it just once if I remember right, and have been hunting for it ever since.

Wait, Terry, that's really you modeling the jacket?? Cool!!

Well it could have been me. If you saw a picture of me from 1973 you would see the resemblance. Top Sleeve? I've got to pay more attention to details.

Brooks absolutely nailed that cut. I used to have a very early model with a single snap at the collar and a one piece back. Sadly it shrunk and was moved along. Looks fantastic. Well done mr-lits!

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Here's mine - mint condition. My favorite leather jacket but Brooks leather is light and pretty mediocre. It's perfect for around here but I doubt it weighs even 2oz. Like many early cafe racers, Brimaco also springs to mind, they are made hastily and from materials that many on this forum would vIew as unremarkable. I love them, they look cool and they survive over the decades regardless.
Brooks.jpg

Last edited:

sickboysick

New in Town
Just got one of these off Ebay in great condition. The fit is great everywhere except one thing. There is about a one inch gap between where the zipper ends and my belt/top of pants begins. Has anyone else had this issue or am I just being overly picky? Only briefly tried it on at lunch break, so maybe it won't be noticeable with shirt untucked.

sickboysick

New in Town
I'll try and get a picture up after work this evening. I'm used to the zippers on my jackets coming pretty much all the way to the bottom of the jacket. On the Brooks, it stops 2-3 inches before the bottom. Because of this, there is an open gap between the bottom of the zip and the top of my pants/waistline. The length of the jacket is good but it makes it seem too short because of the short zipper. Maybe I'm just not used to this feature, as it's new to me. Hope that explains a little better. It'll be perfect when sitting on the bike though....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk