Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brown Cal Leather LAPD, size 36

Kubatu

A-List Customer
Hi everyone,

I purchased this from Dannyk late last year, and it just hasn't worked out. It's a nice jacket, but a bit too small. After a couple months of just sitting in my closet without being worn besides to try something on, I think it's best if I offer it to someone else. I bought it for $150 and will sell it for that much, including shipping.

K1tf4sx.jpg

3rRzvUd.jpg

The color isn't coming out very well in my attempts to take pictures, so I would refer any interested people to these previous classified listings (one and two, the second being another listing by a previous owner in 2018). These listings include photos of the condition, measurements, and other information like that.

Three areas that should be noted in particular:

The main zipper works, but has ripped at the bottom and will eventually need to be replaced. I'm okay with it for now, but others might not like the added fiddling this can bring.

P9cGQqd.jpg

There is a section of on one sleeve where the leather just looks odd. Not sure what contributed to this, but it's a bit more significant than normal scratches, scuffs, etc, so I wanted to highlight it. On the plus side, it's on the underside of the sleeve, so not really noticeably when worn.

gGgABCj.jpg

Finally, there is a tear in the stitching on the back of the jacket.

0stkbdG.jpg

And as you'll see from the other classified listings, there are some notable markings to the leather, wear, etc. I just wanted to highlight these three features as they are probably the worst aspects of the jacket.

Anyway, there you go. I'll throw this on ebay in a bit if there's no interest here, and I'm happy to try and provide my own measurements if that helps.

Last edited:

dannyk

One Too Many
Can confirm it’s a beautiful chocolate brown that you need to see in person to appreciate. The zipper as said will need to be replaced at some point but if used with care has life left in it. It works and isn’t about to tear right away, but it’s not perfect and does need care until replaced. The leather looks like it may have been in a spill at some point. It has lots of wear on it, but also lots of life in it. So hard to explain with words and must be seen and held to understand. It’s taken a beating that’s given it character but also with an eventual zipper fix and a fix on the stitches in that one spot and it has another 30 years left on it. So for anyone on the fence I just wanted to jump in as the previous owner to say I sold it for what I paid and whether it sells for here it really is worth it. The color is very unique and doesn’t show through on pictures well and the leather is as said beat in a good way and has another life left in it for sure. If it fits do not be afraid to grab it and fix it up.

JBullitt

New in Town
Hello,

Still have the Jacket? Im interested. is it possible to share additional measurements?
Sleeve length from seam
Should to shoulder
pit to pit

Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko