Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brown tweed three piece suit of ambiguous vintage

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
With this type of patterned fabric I see no problem mending this hole.
One has to take a small patch from one of the seams or interior facings.

If it were my size, I'd be all over it.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Not saying it couldn't be mended, it just adds an additional $200+ to the price. You might also have to throw some more $$ at the previous mending jobs as well. Just sayin'........

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
Fair point, but I'd mend it myself. ;-)
However even with +200$ it would still be a good price for a colorful 1920's sport suit.

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
Could you elaborate on your estimate?

The enormous (and angled) chest pocket looks quite atypical for mid- or late 30's to me.
Also the large fob-pocket flap, button fly and full-lining are indicative of tailoring more oriented to "Old World"-styles.

Yes, the chap was quite short. The full length of the trousers is only 41" so at a stretch a 28" inseam.

The jacket and trousers say early NRA-era to me. The jacket has the classic 2-button notch-lapel profile of a suit from the early 30s, and the flat front trousers would be good for this era, too.

It's not uncommon in American gear to get quite a bit of old-world tailoring techniques. Lots of immigrants buying and making clothes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21