Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Buco CR with back lettering

lina

Practically Family
I am slightly tempted by this late model (made in Spain) Buco that I just saw on ebay. A couple of things slow me down:

1. I don't need it. (But yeah, that doesn't count!).
2. Could be too tight on me. (And the lister says not only "no return" and " no refund" but also "no complain"; and I reserve the right to do the latter...)
3. I am ambivalent about the back lettering. I mean, that's what makes the jacket, and part of me loves it. But part of me is also allergic to eye-catching branding. Still, it is Buco branding...

buco cafe racer with lettering.jpg

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
For a purley "objective" point of view, the three concerns you list sound like you already have written it off. If it were me and I have listed these same concerns (all three of which I feel are valid reasons to have) I would not be happy with it, even if I did buy it. Then I would likely be doing a lot of digging once I did have it, looking for reason to re-list it. And with the back the way it is, it really will take the "right" person to buy this one.

I would vote "pass" on this one ... given your comments.

lina

Practically Family
For a purley "objective" point of view, the three concerns you list sound like you already have written it off. If it were me and I have listed these same concerns (all three of which I feel are valid reasons to have) I would not be happy with it, even if I did buy it. Then I would likely be doing a lot of digging once I did have it, looking for reason to re-list it. And with the back the way it is, it really will take the "right" person to buy this one.

I would vote "pass" on this one ... given your comments.
Agreed. I'm not actually going to get it. What interests me is how much I actually like the lettering, when I wouldn't have expected to... Also reminds me that I was also tempted slightly by the Vanson Anniversary jacket, that was lettered on both the front and the back. But in that case, it was a bit too much.
vanson lettered 1.png vanson letterd 2.png

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
not a fan of lettering, they look cool in concept, in photos, but in reality I think they look tacky especially if the lettering is leather cutout application that never fades/ blends with the rest of the jacket as they age, paint maybe looks the part once they fade a bit, but still not a huge brand like such unless they give you the jacket for free.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Agreed. I'm not actually going to get it. What interests me is how much I actually like the lettering, when I wouldn't have expected to... Also reminds me that I was also tempted slightly by the Vanson Anniversary jacket, that was lettered on both the front and the back. But in that case, it was a bit too much.
View attachment 209919 View attachment 209920

I almost posted that one when i saw your OP.
A couple months ago i almost bid on a Vanson like that and then decided i would never wear it.
I think i like the Buco a bit more because i assume it has a clean empty front.

SinSir

A-List Customer
I'll admit I've looked at various lettering jackets too, the vanson being one. I agree in photoa and they sound cooler than reality. I know I'd never wear it and probably have a harder time moving it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points