Budget A-1 jacket

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Blackadder, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Blackadder

Blackadder One Too Many

Just received this Bronson A-1 jacket. Bronson is one of the Chinese brands that does repros workwear and military clothings often copies of the Japanese brands. This A-1 according to the manufacturer is made of Goatskin. It is seal colour with olive knits. I paid around USD200 including shipping. The leather smells like new car leather upholstery and those unknown mall jackets. Leather is thicker and more rigid than the Eastman A-1 Capeskin. In fact, the leather feels soft to the touch but feels rigid when you wear it (not yet broken in I guess). Also available is a steerhide version which according to their photos look like deep reddish brown with rust knits.

The stitching is acceptable except for the one place shown in the last photo. Knits are quite thick though I do not know if they are pure wool or not. IMO, it looks quite good until you get close enough to examine the leather etc.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2015
  2. Blackadder

Blackadder One Too Many

image2.JPG

image6.JPG

Monitor likes this.
  3. Blackadder

Blackadder One Too Many

image4.jpg

image5.JPG

image7.JPG

4. Doctor Damage

Doctor Damage My Mail is Forwarded Here

I think that looks quite nice. I'd happily wear it!

Do you have a link to where/how you bought it?

Fonzie likes this.
  5. Seb Lucas

Seb Lucas I'll Lock Up

That does look good.

6. Otter

Otter One Too Many

One small bit of hooky stiitching from the jacket to the waistband, otherwise looks great. Nice colours, yes I would buy one, great score.

7. kaiser

kaiser A-List Customer

Is there an on-line source for these Blackadder ?

8. AdeeC

AdeeC Practically Family

9. Only 'Server Error' for me.

10. Grayland

Grayland One Too Many

No server error for me, but they are all out of the lighter seal brown, they only have the dark seal (with OD knits) left. Nice looking jacket for the price.

11. Blackadder

Blackadder One Too Many

This is the Taobao shop. Not sure which country they would ship to. This is their first batch. I think they would make more but probably at original price. Also they say the lighter brown jacket on the model is made of lambskin and is just sample because that is rather thin therefore they switch to goatskin which is what they are selling now.
    http://xzbronson.taobao.com/

I did not buy any of the other items but from friend's experience, the quality of their shirts, sweaters are rather poor.

12. Deacon211

Deacon211 Practically Family

Does anyone know if they ship to the states? My site is all Kanji.

A very nice jacket. For that price I would certainly consider getting one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

13. Worf

Worf I'll Lock Up

Even if I could read it... I doubt they make anything my size judging by the models they use.

Worf

14. Blackadder

Blackadder One Too Many

The largest size is 44 only.

15. Blackadder

Blackadder One Too Many

I doubt they ship directly to the States. Taobao has an international marketplace called Aliexpress. Only one shop on Aliexpress carries Bronson's products but it is just a reseller and it does not have the A-1.
    http://www.aliexpress.com/store/group/men-s-top/1229407_258912317.html

16. Doctor Damage

Doctor Damage My Mail is Forwarded Here

Bronson L2B nylon looks good, too.

Edward likes this.
  17. Deacon211

Deacon211 Practically Family

Thanks Blackadder! Saved me some hunting....shame though we can't get it in the states.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

18. Blackadder

Blackadder One Too Many

You are welcome. It would be rather difficult for foreigners to buy from Taobao directly because of the payment method and language barrier etc. It may help to find a forwarding or buying agent if you are really interested. For example, AdeeC's link is a buying service agent JOJbuy.

19. mothfighter

mothfighter New in Town

Just got my Bronson A1 in (5 days delivery time!) and must say, for the money payed I'm not disappointed!!
    Ordered the "L"size, and it's a nice snug fit for a size 40 like me !
    Only difference with Blackadder's A1, as you can see in the picture, is the use
    of Snaps instead of Buttons on the waistband,
    but that doesn't bother me to much, and might be more durable in the long run.
    Anyway, if you're on a tight budget like me, this is a very nice alternative.
    Jekkie2 kopie.jpg

handymike, Edward, Monitor and 5 others like this.
  20. Technonut

Technonut Practically Family

I've seen these on eBay for $90.00 USD shipped. :) I was wondering if they were any good, and from what I see here, they're not bad. ;)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/122034344171?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&var=421047119580&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Hmmmm.... Makes me wonder if these (from the same source) are decent too:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/A2-BROWN-MILITARY-INDIAN-LEATHER-JACKET-2/122034342244?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid=222007&algo=SIC.MBE&ao=1&asc=37472&meid=ad1d1c79cf9445d1995988a528719074&pid=100005&rk=2&rkt=6&sd=122034344171

EDIT: Looking at their sizing chart for the A-1, I would need an 2XL (which they don't appear to carry) for a size 44, but the sleeve measurement would be an inch too long for me at 27".... Worth keeping an eye on however to see if they offer larger sizes in the future. At the price offered, it would be worth having the sleeves shortened IMO. ;)

Last edited: Jul 6, 2016