Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bush looks pretty funny with Karl Rove's foot in his mouth!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prairie Shade

A-List Customer
Politicians - Politicians

I actually like this kind of banter!!! Generally speaking, the American people get the politicians we deserve. We ELECTED them or at least a majority anyway. Dont like them? Vote them out. We dont have a Cromwell to stand in front of the Capital Building and tell them "Go home, for God's sake, go home." Tempting, know anyone who volunteers? I'm already skeptical of HIS qualifications. Until I can devise a system better than this madness I will be content to follow Jefferson's advice as to the greatest duty of an American citizen, stay at home devote your utmost to your personal business, or something like that. Oh yeah, its hotter than hell so.... :beer:

airfrogusmc

Suspended
By the way, Bush graduated from Harvard and Yale. He's not a stupid man by any means. Sometimes he's not as articulate as some would like, but then again again he never claimed to be. I read something recently, and apoligize for not remembering where, that Bush's GPA was actually higher than John Kerry's

Actually Bushes IQ is in the bottom 10% of all presidents. And he got into those schools because of wealth ad privilege the same way he avoided Vietnam. There was a very interesting Frontline about Rove and the media marketing to get GW in the Govs office in Texas and the White House. Also if you get a chance see Enron the Smartest Guys in the Room. Good film.

You impeach a guy for lying about a sexual indiscretion but its apparently OK to lie about the reason we went to war and about outing a CIA agent. They're both egregious but lets get real and I'm so sick of a two party system. We as a nation are coming up the losers because of it. We're not red or blue America we're America and when our leaders act in that manor we all benefit. This country hasn't been this divided in since Vietnam. Remember (GW) he's a "uniter not a divider".

Historically look at the way our freedom of speech has been hurt under conservative administrations. Remember Joseph McCarthy under Ike? This white house has been the most closed white house since Nixon. Remember absolute power corrupts absolutely. The only way a democracy can work to it fullest potential is with freedom of speech. Its the first thing tyrants like Hitler and Sadam erode away. Remember Hitler was freely elected.

airfrogusmc

Suspended
Well its like everything from this administration if its negative its a lie and the person that reported it is a disgruntled idiot so we'll spin the marketing machine to make hm look like a fool or out his CIA wife to get even. Oh yeah that's how this thread started isn't it?

Biltmore Bob said:
I guess Bush owns Snopes too? Or maybe it's owned by some e-vile corporation like the dreaded Haliburton.

(X Files tHEME mUSIC)

Don't you know that the Bushes own everything through the Skull and Bones society? They and their friends are responsible for the gas shortage in the 1970s and 80s. They know where DB Cooper is and they made Howard Hughes crazy. It is all about them and their other confederates in the Bildeburgers and the Council on Foreign Relations. They are ruling the world without ever being in office. The black helicopters will come some day. You will see!

(X Files Music fading away)
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Regards to all,

J

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
You're not all wrong JP- the connections are there and real and can't be ignored- surely.
The Bushes and the Saud's and the Corporates, it's all just too much money and power. Politicians shouldn't be Corporate Giants, they should be people with the Country's best interests at heart and not their own greed.
They should be Public Servants on a salary, not -Corporate Monsters manipulating a national public.

Going to Iraq was purely for gain- be it Oil or Presidential image or strategic advantage.

To ignore documented fact of conspiracy and corruption in favour of belief in politicians seems so irresponsible, so un-patriotic to me...

We ALL need to question our Politicians- that's what Democracy is all about-

Did you ever hear the one about the CIA inventing crack cocaine to wipe out the Afro-American race..?
There was talk of the CIA under Clinton running coke from down south into an airfield in Littlerock too...
Some of these notions do seem a little far fetched but don't lose the realistic ones among the trash. It's believable that conspiracy theories are conceived by politicians as distractions and diversions from their own, real conspiracies. Some of the more believable 'conspiracies' are just TOO believable to dismiss or ignore. But the majority are happy to shop and survive without knowing, without the confrontation. Publics are far too trusting of Governments.
Big business and politics should not be bed-fellows- it's corruption waiting to happen- and it most definitely has.
But if you're devoted to your politician of choice, you'll only hear/believe what you want to. Won't you?

Republican/Democrat- they're all the same in recent history... all as bad as each other.

Did you ever wonder why cars started getting bigger and bigger again?
They know how much oil there is to get through before they can create another energy crisis. It seems demand for smaller vehicles is rising again in the US... go figure... is it to 'control' the oil and the public or is it just pure short-sightedness? neither are acceptable from Politicians.

I never was a conspiracy believer but I believe in certain ones now- they can't be denied or dismissed anymore. Forget about Harvard and Yale and the Air National Guard- that's small-fry. There's REAL stuff going on that effects us all. Not just Americans, the whole World and it's the Whole World's business now.

We're all getting ripped-off big time.

B
T

Vladimir Berkov

One Too Many
BT, I am not sure how much of your long post above was tongue-in-cheek but here is my take.

I think Bush handled the case for war with Iraq very poorly. At best, Bush was acting honestly but the intelligence and planning was poor. At worst, Bush intentionally misled the American people (although I don't think the evidence supports the latter conclusion.)

Although I am not quite following your point about car sizes. There is relatively little politicians can do to mandate people buy certain sizes of car (although some wish they could.) The recent trend towards large SUVs is more of a cultural/geographical issue than a political one.

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
I know what you mean- I mangled that one a bit.
Cars=large Corporations and marketing- we buy what is marketed to us- the bigger the better. You can look at it in many ways. It just seems strange when we have 'oil crises' and then bigger cars again.

The thing about Bush and Iraq is just that his reasonong for the War makes no sense at all. The War was sold to the nation in a misleading way that was engineered to garner support.

B
T

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender
ah-oh

We are back to bigfoot and UFO conspiracies again.

Belly Tank you are starting to remind me of Richard Harris's role as English Bob in Unforgiven when his odd views on politics kept getting him in trouble.

ENGLISH BOB
A wise policy. But if you did, I can assure you, the sight of royalty would cause you to dismiss all thoughts of bloodshed and stand... in awe.
(pause)
Whereas, a president... I mean, why not shoot a president?

Biltmore Bob

Suspended
If it was about oil...

we have the ways and means to just take it. Why not? I spend too much money for gas as it is, I need a little relief.

I can't figure you out BT, sometimes you make a lot of sense, and sometimes you come across as a raving lunatic.

There are far to many variables to consider, to many coconspirators, too many people would have to keep their mouths shut.

Vladimir Berkov

One Too Many
I disagree with you about the cars then. To some extent, automakers really love for Americans to buy tiny, underpowered cars. It reduces their CAFE total miles-per-gallon stats and allows them to sell more large, expensive luxury vehicles which have a much better profit margin per-vehicle.

Thus small, fuel-efficient cars are probably the best value in the American auto market because they are usually sold with little profit and often actually sold at a loss.

Obviously the automakers market SUVs extensively because they are profitable. But I think you are looking at the wrong end of the causal chain. SUVs are highly profitable because of the huge demand for them. In America there is little incentive to drive a small car. Gas is cheap (because we tax it less than in Europe) and American cities are built around the car. There are no problems here with small, tight streets with limited parking. And cars are also more useful in America due to the greater distances and less effective public transit.

In short I think it is unreasonable to blame automakers for the SUV craze. I think this trend can be squarely laid across the back of the typical American suburban housewife.

As for Iraq, I agree. Bush's reasons for war changed from week to week causing me to seriously doubt the necessity of the invasion.

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
I don't know why some are so closed-minded and believe what they're spoon-fed by politicians. They're not God, you are free to question them.
Ulterior motives are rife in politics- why not see them for what they really are rather than what they appear to be, what they're sold to you as..?

Put the pieces together...

These guys are in business more than they're in politics.

Why not?

B
T

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
Yes the car thing does sound like a raving lunatic rant- I'm still working on it.
But the US Govt. did recently(recent years) put a cap on fuel economy and emissions research work. Strange...

I'm not a looney, just constantly frustrated and annoyed at the blatant lies of politicians. I'm not shy of speaking out but if you're not looking for an alternative/realistic truth(the one we're being sold is rubbish) then all alternatives will look like rubbish.

I have to go to sleep now, g'nite all and God bless...

B
T

airfrogusmc

Suspended
I think Bush handled the case for war with Iraq very poorly. At best, Bush was acting honestly but the intelligence and planning was poor.

And if it is an itellegence failure that sends us to war scares me even more than outright lying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points