Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Buzz Rickson's B-10 Sizing Advices needed

58panheadfan

One Too Many
Hello
Is there anybody familar with Buzz Rickson's B-10 Jackets? I'm looking for a BR B-10 and have checked several Rakuten Shops. Their sizing is quite different. As ref. I'm wearing im most of my Jackets Regular Size 42" (besides from A-2's, size 44"). Which size should I go...!? Thank you for your help. Br, Harry

Edward

Bartender
There'll be folks on here as can help you better. I don't have one myself, alls I've been told is that they tend to run true to size. I'd be interested to hear where you're planning to pick one up. I'm keen on a B-10 myself, and the Buzz seems to be the best available in terms of both quality and price: the ELC offering was doable at £300, but no it's been pushed up way over that it's just too much for me. Unfortunately ELC are also the official importer for Buzz stuff in the UK, and they don't carry the Buzz B-10 (presumably as they have their own B-10 product to sell). Are you buying via mail order, or are you visiting abroad?

Dudleydoright

A-List Customer
Advice

I would recommend you at least think about buying an ELC one as it's a lot easier to return it for a change of size or refund if it doesn't fit.

Prices are comparable and to my eye there is no discernable difference in quality.

I have an ELC B-10 and B-15. They are outstanding.

Good luck with whatever you buy.

Dave

Edward

Bartender
The ELCs are unarguavbly gorgeous jackets. At £300, they were expensive but conceivable; at £350, well.... irrational as it may be, I just could never justify that much for a cloth jacket. [huh]

58panheadfan

One Too Many
Thank you guys for your advices...:)

@edward: I'm sticking in e-mail correspondence with japan... I will update you, asap I know more...

H.Johnson

One Too Many
I haven't tried one of the latest Eastman B-10s, but I own one of the first of the original series (a size 40) and it is trimmer than a BR B-10 in the same size.

I think the ELC is (was?) a better jacket than the BR. It's still too big for me though...

58panheadfan

One Too Many
Edward said:
There'll be folks on here as can help you better. I don't have one myself, alls I've been told is that they tend to run true to size. I'd be interested to hear where you're planning to pick one up. I'm keen on a B-10 myself, and the Buzz seems to be the best available in terms of both quality and price: the ELC offering was doable at £300, but no it's been pushed up way over that it's just too much for me. Unfortunately ELC are also the official importer for Buzz stuff in the UK, and they don't carry the Buzz B-10 (presumably as they have their own B-10 product to sell). Are you buying via mail order, or are you visiting abroad?

I have ordered this one (in a size 42" after advices from vari-shop):

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/vari/br-jk-br11134/

Right now, you'll get a 10% Discount... (= £260)

I chose this model SUPERIOR TOGS CO.INC" 1943 MODEL RED RIB VERSION because I'm delighted about color of knitting. From what I know, back in days Superior togs used these knitting on their B-10's because they had some overstock from A-2 Production... so it's an interesting type of B-10 :D

Maybe not in same range as an Eastman B-10 but still a nice B-10 I belive...

@Edward: Best for Shopping in Japan is using this site:

http://en.rakuten.co.jp/

If it's your first time... you need some time but it isn't that complicated because it's in English Language... much more effective than in past... as I opened my account in Rakuten Ichiba some years ago... everything was written in japanese (fortunately my brother is speaking japanese :) )

I.e.: If you are looking for a B-10 jacket just fill "B-10 Jacket" in search bar and you'll see which shops sell actually B-10 Jackets and (important) also will ship worldwide... you can get anything from Japan but sometimes you need a proxy...

Again, thank you to everybody for your advices, Harry

Edward

Bartender
Thanks, Harry - I'll check that out. Looking forward to seein g photos of your jacket when it arrives!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav