Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cafe Racer 70s? help to ID

jonbuilder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I picked this cafe racer up recently and would like any comments regarding the maker, band or age. The hide is medium weight about the same thickness and weight as my Aero Vicenza cafe racer maybe a tad lighter. The stitching seems to be an improvement over my 60s Bates CR and not as fine as my Aero CF. Tagged size 44 and fits in line with modern sized 44 jackets. The fit is spot on for me. The hide is well hydrated and shows little wear. I believe the jacket maker targeted motorcycle riders. If the jacket was someones designated riding jacket it would explain the small amount of wear. The main zip is a #10 Talon with a nicer casting than some of the one for sale on the bay. The panels are not grained matched. Not much patina is developing.

fullsizeoutput_1ff.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_1fe.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_200.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_1f9.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_1fa.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_1fb.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_1fc.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_1fd.jpeg

I am thinking the lining in the arms was modified at the cuffs
fullsizeoutput_201.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_202.jpeg

Captain Sensible

A-List Customer
Looks very similar to a Lesco I have in terms of cut and panel design. Mine has all Serval zips though, and no button-over-the-waist-zip straps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points