Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Calling all radios!

Wild Root

Gone Home
I?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢m a radio collector and just wondering if there is any of you fine gentlemen that have an old time radio passion as I do.

For my birth day I bought my self a nice 1934 Philco model 60B Cathedral. It has it?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s original finish on the cabinet and just looks like a million! I can?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢t wait till it comes!

If any of you have radios pre 50?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s lets see them!

PS. I?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢ll post some photos of other radios I have soon.

Wild Root

Gone Home
Thanks! You have some nice things for sell. I'm more of a 1930 to 1948 collector. Not big on the 50's radios. That's just me. The GE radio you have is nice. Looks to have been cared for over the years. It's a fine example of that set.

Thanks for sharing.

Root.

PS. Here is a photo of a 1934 Philco Model 84 that I restored. Hope you enjoy.

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
I don't collect radios, but I have a few around the house in keeping with my house decor. This one is a Truetone, probably early to mid-30s. It doesn't work, but just looks good on a table.

BTW Wild Root...I was in a local antique store this past weekend and saw for sale a small Wildroot Cream Oil tin sign just like your's. I don't remember the price...seems it could have been $12-13.

Nick Charles

Practically Family
Its not pre it is 50

Well its exactly 1950, this is my 1950 GE Musaphonic model 431. I'm looking for a Tombstone type radio currently. It still plays nice and has that great eery glow and hum of the tubes.

Wild Root

Gone Home
Wildroot Cream Oil tin sign just like your's

Really? that's cool! You know, that True Tone radio is the coolest! I would say that it to me looked like a 1936 or 37 model. The dials True Tone had were so colorfull! You need to get that set working to really enjoy it.

I'm friends with an antique radio repair man that has a shop just a few miles from me. I also have gotten most of my radios from him.

Your friend,

Wild Root.

PS. Here is a link to a web site that is about Philco Radios. But, the man fixes all tube type radios. So, he can fix yours if you rather just ship it to some one. He does A+ work as well!http://www.philcoradio.com/index.htm

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I just love those old radios..!

My relations played those old radios right into the 1980's and had been playing them since the 1930's!! Once they died, so did the radios, sadly...

I have always wanted to get an original 1930s radio and have it up and running in my study. I believe you can still pick them up for peanuts at auctions. One day, I'll be getting myself one! To smell that dust burning as the glass heats up, yep!! great memories!

Thanks for that, as I have really enjoyed looking at the pics and reading the threads on this one!!

Wild Root

Gone Home
Very nice set! I like it. You know, late 30's Crosley's are good radios from what I hear. It has a basic disign, but it's classy.

Some of my favorite radios are table top set.

Nice work!

Root.

Ricko

New in Town
I have a couple old radios, but my true love is sitting back on Friday nights with my wife and a glass of wine to listen to my 1915 Victrola. No Gameboy's allowed in our household!

Wild Root

Gone Home
You know, I’m also a 78rpm collector! I love the sound of the early Gramophones they’re quite unique.

But, this is a radio thread so, share some about your radios with us if you please!.

=WR=

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points