Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Can You bulit-proof a suit?

Mycroft

One Too Many
Ok, this weird, but I was think the other day, that if you got a costume suit, you could put in layers of kevlar where the inner layers go and make a bullet-proof suit or at least maybe resitance. Any ideas? (This is not so I can commit a crime with it, just asking out of curosity)

Vladimir Berkov

One Too Many
Probably not the entire suit, but perhaps just the chest area. It would have to be a double-breasted suit of course in order for the entire chest to be protected. It would probably be just easier to wear a bodyarmor vest under your shirt if you want the protection though.

Mycroft

One Too Many
Vladimir Berkov said:
Probably not the entire suit, but perhaps just the chest area. It would have to be a double-breasted suit of course in order for the entire chest to be protected. It would probably be just easier to wear a bodyarmor vest under your shirt if you want the protection though.

Yea, or you could where a matching vest underneith.

The Mad Hatter

A-List Customer
You're probably approaching this from the wrong angle. We should not begin with the idea of a suit and then seek to bullet-proof it.

Rather, we should begin with a study of the type of body armour the military is using and then seek to make it as fashionable as possible - given maximum body protection as the baseline.

Of course, we also would need a bullet-proof hat, since head injuries are nothing to laugh at.

Sin Khan

Familiar Face
For VIP's and those who want more protection than a standard vest I recommend full length coats. Bullet proofing a suit can certainly be done but if true protection is wanted then a bullet proof full length coat over regular clothing and a standard bullet proof vest is what I?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢d recommend. A coat is a much more bulky piece of clothing than a suit or even a vest. With a coat, one can add light protection over the chest area because the vip will usually wear a bullet proof vest under other clothing anyway. So, you give them a large outer full length coat that provides some added protection over the chest area but mainly adds a lot of arm, leg, and waist bullet or shrapnel protection

Mycroft

One Too Many
Sin Khan said:
For VIP's and those who want more protection than a standard vest I recommend full length coats. Bullet proofing a suit can certainly be done but if true protection is wanted then a bullet proof full length coat over regular clothing and a standard bullet proof vest is what I?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢d recommend. A coat is a much more bulky piece of clothing than a suit or even a vest. With a coat, one can add light protection over the chest area because the vip will usually wear a bullet proof vest under other clothing anyway. So, you give them a large outer full length coat that provides some added protection over the chest area but mainly adds a lot of arm, leg, and waist bullet or shrapnel protection

Well said, I think a custom trench would b good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner