Cant get a bead on this nautical jacket...

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Seth Byrnes, Jan 3, 2020.

1. Seth Byrnes

Seth Byrnes One of the Regulars

I picked this jacket up from a thrift store in town that frequently received US Navy items and other similar things.

It has a definitely nautical aura and bears a lot of the hallmarks of a garment constructed for a hard life, but im unable to find much information on it.

The snaps are all solid but have no company names on them and the tag , which looks suspiciously like a US QM tag is washed away.

My theory is that it's either a nonmilitary nautical item or it's a private purchase or handmade item.

Does this look familiar to anyone?

Attached Files:

2. Boyo

Boyo One Too Many

That’s an interesting jacket, my guess is it’s something that was never mass produced for the military/navy either a prototype or handmade..

3. Seth Byrnes

Seth Byrnes One of the Regulars

I'm feeling the same about it, I'm leaning towards handmade or Pre-ww2 and probably non north-american.

I was wondering if it might be something common and recognizable elsewhere in the world and that I'm just unable to identify it because it's outside what I normally deal with.