Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Captain America

Mr Vim

One Too Many
Bill is right on that, great book. Plus Alex Ross' Marvels, my personal favorite.

Okay, so I took a closer look at the trailer, frame by frame and in Hi Def there are some interesting things I noticed. First the Red Skull photo, I won't repost it in high definition, but it is obvious he is pulling off a rubber face of some sort. I can see a fake ear and hair in the mask he is pulling off, and I did saw this little gem in the left of the screen...

Screenshot2011-02-07at73524PM.png

Anyone speak or can read German? What does this sign say?

laotou

One of the Regulars
But, it's a MODERN Harley Davidson dolled up to look like a vintage ride.... weren't WLA's opposed cylinders?
No the WLA was a v-twin 45 the XA was an opposed twin but came late in the war and never saw service, only 1016 were made.
The motor on the bike in the photo looks like an EVO, nice job dressing it up though. The disk brakes are a give away.

Last edited:

Edward

Bartender
And Mae, the Hitler thing is a direct homage to the very first Captain America cover, drawn by Jack Kirby and Joe Simon... well BEFORE the US was at war with Germany:

http://www.coverbrowser.com/covers/captain-america

That's a really nice touch. Interesting, too - that must have put Marvel quite far ahead of the curve in terms of US foreign policy at the time?

I'm increasingly excited about this film, which is really something: Captain America was a character that just never appealed to me much before, but it looks like they're taking the story in a direction here which makes it more (for want of better word) accessible to a non-US audience.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo