Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Catalog scans

Nick Charles

Practically Family
Anyone got an old hunting and fishing catalog? I'd like to see some scans from the flyfishing and boots pages. Trying to put together a vintage fishing outfit.

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
How about movies?

"The Libeled Lady" not only has a funny fishing scene but shows three outfits, gear and different casting styles. Watch it for the fashions, stay for the great baddinage.

The Wolf

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Just a few

Thought I'd just put them here - kinda neat.
From a 1938 LL Bean catalog.

leather-moc2.jpg

birdshoe.jpg

waders2.jpg

wackyvorlon

One of the Regulars
That image strongly resembles traditional English country wear. A tattersall check shirt, Harris tweed suit, knit tie and a trilby. For those unfamiliar with the trilby, it is much like a fedora, however it has a narrower brim. Very odd looking really.

guitone

Familiar Face
Great stuff guys, makes sense on how the Bean stuff has evolved over the years. The "duck shoes" are so common here in New England, no one would dare the rainy weather without them. Mine are going on 20 years or so old.

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
wackyvorlon said:
That image strongly resembles traditional English country wear. A tattersall check shirt, Harris tweed suit, knit tie and a trilby. For those unfamiliar with the trilby, it is much like a fedora, however it has a narrower brim. Very odd looking really.

I think in English terms, a 'Trilby' was originally what we take a Fedora to be- a felt hat- but more commonly with a centre-dent. But it later became a name for the archetypal English country sporting style Tweed cloth variety- with a narrower brim and the centr dent- around the turn of the 20thC.
The kind to match yer Norfolk, Plus-Fours and a nice pair of pierced Brogues.
Maybe a Deerstalker instead of the Trilby...
That's what I see.
B
T

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider