Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Catalog Suit Scans 35-42

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Enjoy Gentlemen :)

Wards Fall Winter 35/36

access2.jpg

access4.jpg

access6.jpg

access8.jpg

access.jpg

LD

habberdasher

A-List Customer
Lady Day said:
Enjoy Gentlemen :)

Wards Fall Winter 35/36

access2.jpg

access4.jpg

access6.jpg

access8.jpg

access.jpg

LD
Does anyone know where you could buy a suit like in the second picture, bottom left with the double-breasted waistcoat and tighter suit waist with wide-legged trousers? (very similar)

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
habberdasher said:
Does anyone know where you could buy a suit like in the second picture, bottom left with the double-breasted waistcoat and tighter suit waist with wide-legged trousers? (very similar)

Pretty much all of the remaining vintage originals had been exported to Europe and Japan by the '90s. As far as I know, only one company is making repros (which don't look all that much like the originals): http://www.revampvintage.com/mm5/me...mp&Product_Code=MT-832321M&Category_Code=M30s

fishmeok

Vendor
interesting how the looks seem to have softened and "relaxed" a bit by '43- not as severe in the tailoring and that vertical stabilizer on the shoulder seam in '36 is gone.

REALLY like the sportswear from the '40's- great stuff, thanks for posting!
Cheers
Mark

Lamplight

One of the Regulars
Orgetorix said:
Maybe it's just me, but I'm finding it more and more difficult to understand how people ever thought those shoulders looked good. They're even more ridiculous than the stuff Tom Ford is selling today.
I agree. Surely those pictures are slightly exaggerated, but even still. I also notice some massive lapels on a few of these, which I love, but unfortunately the 70s ruined that look as far as the general public is concerned.

Regardless, these are great images. Thanks for posting them, Lady Day!

Tailor Tom

One of the Regulars
Now many of you liked the suiting featured, I did too, but I have a question.

What would you pay for such items?

I ask this because if you take into consideration inflation, material costs, etc, those garments would be $1000 or more. I know that my grand parents modest suburban home built in the 1930's had a mortgage payment of $21/month.

Would you buy a suit for the same as your current mortgage payment?

i bring this up, so you can understand the true investment people made in their clothing.

Badluck Brody

Practically Family
thank you so much for posting these. For us folks trying to "do it right", this is an excellent source to start with.

I wonder when vests started falling out favor....probably the war, with all the shortages

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto