Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Chamois Shrit Thread

Martinis at 8

Practically Family
I picked up a couple of these the other day. Redhead brand. New.

I am interested in any recommendations for other chamois shirts, vintage or new, that you find practical for outdoor wear. Currently I use these somewhat as an outer garment on cool evenings as opposed to a light jacket or sweater.

Thanks in advance.

Alexi

One of the Regulars
I pretty much live in chamois fall thru spring. Mostly NOS woolrich from the 70's and 80's that I found in the attic of an outfitter I used to work for. Also have a few LLbeans that I've picked up on sale.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Definitely L.L.Bean - they claim to have introduced them, in 1928, and they're still just $35.
4300310685_94aee285ab_o.png

7.5 oz Portuguese flannel is offered in ten colors (this is Bayside Blue).

BTW, what's a shrit? lol

Martinis at 8

Practically Family
Any pointers on material quality, thickness, etc?

The Redheads seem to have a nice thick gauge on them, and so am wondering what the range of gauges are in the marketplace.

These shirts are really comfortable!

Martinis at 8

Practically Family
Alexi said:
I pretty much live in chamois fall thru spring...

I'm in Houston. These shirts are great for our mild winter nights when the air is just cool. However, my main objective is to have them as a carry-on for my motorcycle rides down into Mexico. These rides are typically at higher altitudes, either mountainous or high plains deserts, where even if the days are hot, the nights are cool. These shirts hence make a great outer garment as opposed to having to pack a bulkier jacket on the motorcycle. The Redheads I picked up at a ProBass Outdoor store.

This is the first time I have owned any of these shirts, though I have had the thinner flannel shirts. BUT I am not quite sure I know the difference between flannel and chamois. Seems to me the chamois is much thicker and with no pattern, and the weave is tighter. Dunno.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leatherpatch