Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Chapsticks

gilli

Banned
Hey.
Guys i just want to ask one thing from all of you do you like to use Chapsticks and which is your favorit ...??

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
My favorite is Nivea's A Kiss of Milk and Honey. Leaves my lips soft for hours and hours. I even got my hubby to use it (not that he'll ever admit it!), and it works well on his lips, too. It can be a bit expensive (almost $3 for one tube), but it is so worth it. After using Chapstick and then putting on Nivea, the Nivea feels so light and non-greasy.

RJR

My favorite is CAT CRAP!Seriously see www.EKUSA.com.My wife found it in a ski shop and I've used it ever since.Not sure if its really great but what a marketing job.

lareine

A-List Customer
I don't like Chapstick at all but, if we're talking about lip balm in general rather than that particular brand, I love the Palmer's Cocoa Butter lip balm. My husband and I both use it so it's not too girly a scent! We have it stashed all round the house and in the car too.

superstarmegami05

New in Town
I usually use Burt's Bees chapsticks. So far I've tried Honey, Beeswax and Pomegranate. I recently decided to try EOS and it actually works rather well not to mention it smells (and tastes) great!

CaramelSmoothie

Practically Family
Seems the OP is banned (wonder why?), but I just use plain ole shea butter or any oil I have around the house like olive or coconut oil. Natural products work better than commercial products imo.

Elsewhen

New in Town
I second thhe Palmer's cocoa butter lip balm. I've spent the last week being wickedly sick and dehhydrated and my mom picked up a tube for me. It turned my scaly/peeling/grossly dry lips back to normal in just a couple of hours (basically two uses).

Soft Lips is also very good, for regular upkeep, but it doesn't restore nearly as fast.

And Boots brand No. 7 lipsticks hydrate better than most lip balm or anything Chapstick brand.

Last edited:

Callque

New in Town
EOS Mint Lip Balm (the mint one works the best for me). Hands down the best lip balm I've ever used, and I've tried all of the popular drugstore brands. My husband kept stealing mine so I had to get him one of his own. :p

TillyMilly

One of the Regulars
I have a few favourites:

For a thick gel-like texture in a tube I love Clarins hyrdraquench and a cheaper option is L'Occitane balm in the tube
For a firm waxy like texture in a wind -up stick I love LOccitane shea butter stick or a cheaper option is Nivea Soothe and Protect stick

Alice~

One of the Regulars
I'm a huge Burt's Bees fan, but the Carmex sticks are a favourite too - especially the vanilla flavour, yum!

St. Louis

Practically Family
If you want to try a Golden Era solution, give Cloverine Salve a whirl. It's softer and less waxy than any of the other pots of salve around today. Burt's Bees is very nice, but Cloverine is lovely.

Nora

New in Town
Mum got me some Forever living aloe chapstick that actually works as opposed to other stuff... But I usually just look for something with no mineral oils and lots of natural oils.. And *ahem* pretty packaging. I found one from L'occitane that was really nice, if only a tad too firm...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana