Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cheap jackets/blazers in London?

rocco

New in Town
Hi all,

I will be in London a couple of days next week. Can anyone recommend any "thrift" / vintage shops for picking up odd jackets?

Salv

One Too Many
It depends what sort of jackets you're looking for - for British menswear try:

- Radio Days near Waterloo, not a great selection for men, but you can sometimes get lucky;

- Bertie Wooster at 284 Fulham Road, SW10 9EW, tel: 020 7352 5662, lots of tweed and wool suits and jackets;

- Old Hat at 66 Fulham High Street, SW6 , tel: 020 7610 6558, similar stock to Bertie Wooster, I recently bought this jacket in there:
DSCN2017.jpg

For US clothing try:

- The Girl Can't Help It at Alfie's Antique Market in Church Street, London NW8 8DT

- Beyond Retro - there are two branches, in Soho and just off Brick Lane in the East End, but I haven't been to the one in Soho. I've been lucky in the Brick Lane branch and found a vintage Woolrich hunting jacket and a mint condition tonic raincoat, for about £25 each. They also occasionally have some good gaberdine jackets and vintage denim jackets.

the beyond retro on gt. marlborough st isn't as good as the one on Cheshire st. off brick lane but still worth a visit. Some nice blazers in both, depending on your size.

The one on cheshire st. had a 30s/40s american jacket in about size 38 (brown w/ multi stripe) when i was in there about two weeks ago.

Radio days has some interesting stuff.

You might also try Wow! (worn out west) - one on shelton st. at covent garden, the other on drury lane. Lots of good stuff. Plenty leather and tons of odd jackets.

bk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21