Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Chesterfield Ads ~ Info

Erta21

New in Town
First of all I would like to introduce myself, I'm Erta from LA and I'm in love with the past but I have to say that I'm sure i'm not the only one here. I need some help so I hope you guys or girls could handle me any info you have on where to find Chesterfield Cigarettes Ads from the 1940's, have try ebay but for some reason I can't register so there must be some other way to find these ads.Any information would be great thanks.

Erta

Wild Root

Gone Home
Hey, welcome to the Lounge! You know, I once saw a really cool ad! It was of Marion Hutton who sang with Glenn Miller. She had her back to you, and was looking over her sholder. The dress was really cool! The straps on the back came down and formed the year 1940 in rhinestones! Really cool ad.

As for finding them, I would say antique shops! Since you can’t eBay right now, go to Pasadena on Fare Oaks there is a large antique mall that has all the ads you could ever want! They have them all categorized and it’s very e-z to look them up.

So, that works.

Root

PS. Are you a swing dancer? Maybe I know you!

Dr. Shocker

One of the Regulars
if you shoot north to Ventura for a Saturday and persue our extensive thrift and vintage/antique stores I am sure you will fine somthing in the region your searching for........Main St. hold many and one in my mind has a few crates of vintage ads.....

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
A lot of the pulps had Chesterfield ads on the back.
Maybe we could work out a deal with Doc Savage or The Shadow pulps. We could go in 50/50, you get the back cover and I get the rest of the pulp.

Sincerely,
The Wolf

Erta21

New in Town
Gee you all guys sound really nice and all, I collect old magazines from 1920s to 1940s have found some really neat ads from Chesterfield, Lucky, Fatima etc. As to ebay well I can't register and when I try i get an error weird huh. But I'll try your advice on the Pasadena location since i live near to it. My grandmother {Erta Malone} who just passed away 2 years ago was a model in the 1940s she did pin up work and she also did a chesterfield ad and that's why I'm doing a research to find that one ad with my grandmother.She had red hair like Rita Hayworth so it has to be a red head.

I'm a huge lover of Big band and swing so just got me some dancing lessons with a friend of mine, so as soon as I can find myself a partner I'm ready to boogie woogie.

Erta

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
I have a Chesterfield ad on the back of Liberty magazine, July 1946. It shows a lady with reddish/blondish hair in front of pink chinese lanterns wit A, B, C on them. I don't know if it is the one you are looking for.
Do you know when the ad appeared or what was in the ad?
I'm sure one of us will find it for you (my money is on Wildroot).

As always, your obedient servant,
The Wolf

Wild Root

Gone Home
Ok, try this on for size! She's a red head and it says nothing on who it is, but you know, it could be her. This is from 1939 but, do you know or, would you know any family members that know when she started to model for Chesterfield? I'm sure I could find it if I knew what your Grandmother looked like!

So, if you can share a photo of her, then I would have an easier time finding that ad for you!

Well, see if this one works for you.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=10791&item=6136652464&rd=1

Root.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy