Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Chicago Leather Jacket Store?

CaptainFuzzy

New in Town
Hi All,

any recommendations for a store in Chicago that sells leather jackets? I've been looking around and dont seem to be having any luck. Open to traveling within 100 miles as well. Would love to try some styles on before committing to a custom made jacket.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
I visited Nate's leathers out in the suburbs. They make jackets there. Limited range of styles but honest, good folks. Check their hours first as they are not open all the time or weekends. You'll be surprised as it's in a commercial park area that does not look like such a place would locate there.
https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/nates-leather.106786/page-2

And Alcara's sells Schott, not sure of thier selection.
https://www.alcalas.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=AWW&Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=OUTERWEAR

Chicago is sorely lacking in Leather wear outlets, what with Horween being right there, one would think there would be plenty of places nearby....

Craig from Craigslist

One of the Regulars
Mildblend Supply Co. in the Wicker Park area carries limited quantities of Schott, Simmons Bilt, Iron Heart, and Himel Bros. Otherwise Alcala's carries Schott and some of the leather products made by the higher-end Levi's lines like Made and Crafted and LVC if you're into those.

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
Both good suggestions and probably my 2 favorite stores in Chicago.
I was at alcalas friday and bought some boots. presently alcalas has schott crosszip, hh single rider, black b3, tan rancher (which was super nice and i can’t get out of my head), and vintaged cafe racer.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Both good suggestions and probably my 2 favorite stores in Chicago.
I was at alcalas friday and bought some boots. presently alcalas has schott crosszip, hh single rider, black b3, tan rancher (which was super nice and i can’t get out of my head), and vintaged cafe racer.

Alcalas had an insane 20% off all Schott products sale this spring that ended while there were two jackets in my cart…

I’ve been holding off until there’s another–their prices are already good because they don’t match every MSRP price bump; they keep the price from when they got the stock.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112