Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Chocolate Brown Stetson Stratoliner 7 1/8

GoneSolo

One of the Regulars
I purchased this one on OFAS thinking it was 6 7/8, but it turned out to be 7 1/8[huh]

This looks to be one of the older ones, as is it unlined and at one point had a Stetson Stratoliner sticker with an airplane on it. The felt is super soft and light. It also has a TWA plane pin on the ribbon.
The hat could stand a good cleaning and maybe a reblock. I am not sure how supple the felt is supposed to be as I have never handled another.
Crown: 5 inches (Open)
Brim: 2 1/2 inches

The true color is a bit darker than this (think dark chocolate). Those spots are drops of water that haven't dried.

Now the bad part. The sweatband needs to be restitched as it is loose. This does not seem to be a big deal as the sweatband is not broken in any places. It is loose in two places.

There is also one slight moth track and two small pinhole size markings on the brim but the hat is fairly dark and can only be seen upon close inspection. The moth hole is not deep so there is a chance that it can be removed!

Also has a box!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana