Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Choices

MDphoto

One of the Regulars
Ok, I have what I would assume is common problem around here. I have money burning a whole in my pocket and I would like to get a hat(s), but I think I might be overlooking some choices and I wanted to see what you guys think.

I have $400.00 that I can spend. I know that isn't a ton of money, but it is certainly a lot for me to actually have at one time.

Here is a few things I have thought about getting...

A) A work of Art

B) A Magnoli Herbert Johnson. I have always liked those, but not sure I'd get the brown Indy hat. Mostly likely a the grey one

C) I could get 2 lower priced hats. Maybe 2 of the Fed IV? I really like the moontone color

D) Just hold out for things to pop up on Ebay. I really...really.. want a Whippet

I'm sure I'm not thinking of all my choices, but do any of these sound good?

Stoney

Practically Family
Throw in a little extra and you can have both a Federation and a custom made lid by Art Fawcett. If it was me and I could only do one of them, it would be the custom lid for sure.

MDphoto

One of the Regulars
I can't believe I didn't think of having Art make a Whippet. Ok, I need to go get my head examined....and measured for Art :D

MDphoto

One of the Regulars
I thought as far as the auction, I had to wait until I was full member...or something like that.
I looked around in the FAQ, but I couldn't find anything on what you need to do to be a full member.

MDphoto

One of the Regulars
Yeah, I'm seriously looking into that. I'll get a work of Art and a Whippet in colors that I like.

I also like the idea of handing down a hat that I had some input in making to one of my kids.

Of course then I'll eventually have to get 3 hats made...one for each kid:eusa_doh:

indycop

I'll Lock Up
And there is NO doubt that it will fit perfectly as soon as you take it out of that oval box which is another experience all its own!:D I gotta stop or I will be ordering again before I am ready...:eusa_doh: lol

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
MDphoto said:
Yeah, I'm seriously looking into that. I'll get a work of Art and a Whippet in colors that I like.

I also like the idea of handing down a hat that I had some input in making to one of my kids.

Of course then I'll eventually have to get 3 hats made...one for each kid:eusa_doh:

I'm up for adoptionlol

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
I have to agree with the others here: go with Art! And have Art make you a whippet!

I know someone else on this board has a whippet style from Art. Does anyone remember who that is?

MDphoto

One of the Regulars
ScionPI2005 said:
I have to agree with the others here: go with Art! And have Art make you a whippet!

I know someone else on this board has a whippet style from Art. Does anyone remember who that is?

I used the search function (a beautiful thing) and found a few pics of Art's whippets. His work has really sold me!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points