Choose my Next Jacket: Brown Mulholland vs. Olive Journeyman

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by dudewuttheheck, Jun 7, 2019.

Which jacket do you think I should get?

1. Brown Mulholland

2. Olive Journeyman

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Guppy

Guppy My Mail is Forwarded Here

Buy the brown Mulholland, then sell me the black one. :)

2. El Marro

El Marro Call Me a Cab

I’m going to go with the flow here and say Mulholland. I think this is one of my favorite jackets of all time and if I were in your shoes I would absolutely buy a brown one as well.

sweetfights and dudewuttheheck like this.
  3. jeo

jeo Practically Family

Yup, I've seldom seen the Journeyman actually look good on people, but they sure do look good in pictures. I personally like both the Brakeman and Switchyard over the Journeyman. They seem to look better on people from the pictures I've seen.

Agreed.

I totally get where you're coming from. I'm sure you want to switch up your style a bit with a more vintage looking coat. If I were you and was looking into getting a car coat style, I would go with the Canuck. IMO it's a better design and cut than all the FW coats and you know the materials and construction will be top notch and most importantly, you get custom measurements and details.

If these are the only two you're considering, my vote would be for the Mulholland.

El Marro and dudewuttheheck like this.
  4. dudewuttheheck

dudewuttheheck My Mail is Forwarded Here

Definitely seeing more votes for the Mulholland and I think I am leaning that direction. Thanks for the input everyone!

@jeo I agree with you about the Brakeman, but I don't love the design as much and between a brown Mulholland and a Brakeman, I know I would choose the Mulholland.

5. Yep...same for me for each photo. Pics no longer exist.

[​IMG]

dudewuttheheck likes this.
  6. Monitor

Monitor

I don't see any of the photos either.

7. dudewuttheheck

I may have messed something up in imgur. I will see if I can fix it

8. dudewuttheheck

Fixed!

9. Photos show up for me now. The brown Mulholland by far IMHO.
    HD

10. dudewuttheheck

Thanks! Do you mind elaborating a bit on why? :)

11. I just prefer that style and really don't care for the longer coat and it's features. Plus the jacket looks so good on you. Can't go wrong.
    HD

12. dudewuttheheck

Thanks! Looks like that one is becoming the clear choice

13. ton312

ton312

DWTH, this is unsolicited and totally not germane to your question...but. You have the FW locked down already. Why not branch out to another style/maker? With the black FW you’ve already reached the pinnacle of this style. I’m not preaching and I’ve done exactly what you are doing now. I totally get it. Just thinking you may find greater satisfaction in something totally different.

I can’t help but think there is something in the Thedi catalog that would work so well for you. Just a thought. For me, when I’ve bought the same jacket, in the same style but a different color...it’s caused me some jacket angst. Just my two cents.

El Marro, navetsea and dudewuttheheck like this.
  14. dudewuttheheck

You aren't wrong and I appreciate your honesty. I have thought about this too and will continue to do so. There are probably a lot of jackets in the Thedi category that would work for me :)

I'll do another round of searching for other brands, but I have to admit that Freewheelers designs appeal to me the most.

El Marro and LeFonque like this.
  15. Tony makes a good point. Look around. Seems you have made great choices in the past.

16. dudewuttheheck

He does. I do wish there were more options in Badalassi. I've wanted that leather for a very long time, even with my Shinki fanboyism.

At the same time, I would want that Badalassi on a Freewheelers design :D

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
  17. The Badalassi is interesting. So is Thedi's washed buffalo. Quite different than other makers leathers. The bees wax application gives the finish a nice crisp feel. The way the fit is formed the jacket just falls into place when slipping it on. Unique. Now I'll probably catch hell for being too Thedi enthusiastic.....

El Marro, navetsea and dudewuttheheck like this.
  18. dudewuttheheck

I do really love the leather on your Thedi button up jacket. It looks beautiful. I very well take a few more days to think about this more intently. Whichever choice I make, I definitely love Thedi's jackets.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
  19. Benny Holiday

Benny Holiday My Mail is Forwarded Here

Sorry but simply biased in favour of the Mulholland, not a fan of the Journeyman at all. Just my personal like/dislike.

20. LeFonque

LeFonque One of the Regulars

I have a “Journeyman” winging its way as we speak. I had not seen this thread. I like both the Mulholland and the Journeyman. I went with the Journeyman because for me I think I can wear this jacket in a more formal setting. Time will tell. As for you Jake I think a brown Mulholland will look the deal.