Christmas jackets, coats and all things warming

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Smithy, Dec 18, 2015.

1. Smithy

Smithy I'll Lock Up

Seeing Sloan's post about getting a new jacket for the festive season I was wondering whether anyone else has bought themselves or one of the family something nice in the outerwear department for Christmas.

Not vintage and not golden era appropriate but I ordered my wife a new Canada Goose parka which should arrive tomorrow or Monday which I know she'll be tickled pink about.

Anybody else splashed out on themselves or others for Xmas jackets or coats?

2. RMF308

RMF308 Familiar Face

Yes, I have a ELC B3 Perry incoming, as well as a Black FHQH Aero Highwayman sitting under the tree. Can't wait for both of them!

Smithy likes this.
  3. ButteMT61

ButteMT61

Bought jackets for family, but nada for me this year, which is fine. I don't "need" another, but maybe 2016 will be better in that respect...sometimes life has a way of keeping us modest in our needs...

Smithy, tropicalbob and nick123 like this.
  4. nick123

nick123 I'll Lock Up

Bought my pops a Cockpit Tanker jacket.

Smithy, tropicalbob and ButteMT61 like this.
  5. tropicalbob

tropicalbob My Mail is Forwarded Here

Great idea for a thread. About a month ago I was hopping around on etsy one night and came across a McGregor tweed coat. I got all sentimental because when I was growing up just abut all my clothes were by McGregor, especially the flannel shirts and pants, sweaters, and jackets. So far I've picked up a nice 1955 light wool, navy and red tartan shirt, a blue wool bathrobe with white piping, and a light tweed jacket. It's a name I associate with Christmas presents. At least up until our man Conor barged his way into the ring.

Smithy and ButteMT61 like this.
  6. Sloan1874

Sloan1874 I'll Lock Up

Self-gifting, it's the best sort of gifting.

ProteinNerd, Smithy and SpeedRcrX like this.
  7. Christopher Brown

Christopher Brown New in Town

I have been watching this forum for a while and figured I would make my first post on this thread. I have had a few leather jackets (mostly triumph motorcycle jackets), but this Christmas I took the leap an custom ordered a premier half belt in brown steer hide. Unfortunately it won't be here till mid January. The wait has been killing me, so I've been getting my fix through these forums.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. swanson_eyes

swanson_eyes Practically Family

I just bought myself a sweater coat with a faux fur collar. It's to go under my overcoat, though.

9. tropicalbob

Welcome, CB. Waiting for a jacket is one of those nice forms of hell that end in a spectacularly happy way.

10. Superfluous

Superfluous My Mail is Forwarded Here

I'm looking for a reindeer jacket . . . :eek:

11. Otter

Otter One Too Many

Distinctly non vintage for me as well, my birthday was yesterday and I got an Outdoor Research Exit hoodie along with a Paramo Alta II waterproof jacket.

12. Otter

Otter One Too Many

I have two Reindeer skin rugs, and I have never seen anything like them for shedding hair. It's as if they get up and walk around at night.

Smithy and Sloan1874 like this.
  13. Sloan1874

Sloan1874 I'll Lock Up

It's their revenge on you.

Otter likes this.
  14. Lord Flashheart

Lord Flashheart A-List Customer

Was back in the motherland last week and found my way to Galla. Took the plunge on an A2 Bronco in battered steer. 10 weeks to wait tho!

Sloan1874 likes this.
  15. Lord Flashheart

Lord Flashheart A-List Customer

"Gala" with one "L" of course!

16. Cocker

Cocker Practically Family

This Christmas may be the occasion to pull the trigger on an Aero A-2.

17. thor

thor One Too Many

I got my brother an MA-1 and for myself an M-422a. It's going to be a very merry Christmas.

Smithy and nick123 like this.
  18. nick123

nick123 I'll Lock Up

19. Fanch

Fanch I'll Lock Up

Here are a couple of reindeer I saw in August while at North Cape in Norway that I was not allowed to take back to Texas. I was told that it is a hanging offense there if one accidently hits one while driving an automobile. :eek:
    2015-08-22 11.57.03 HDR.jpg

20. tropicalbob

A hanging offense? The law must have been written by a group of eight-year-olds on Christmas Eve.

Sloan1874 likes this.