Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Classic British early 1960's Motorcycle Jacket by Belstaff

Speedbird

A-List Customer
Now this really hurts ..... the horror! the horror!

However, I have to offer this to the Lounge first in some kind of noble attempt to keep it away from Japan.

Ladies and Gentlemen of the Lounge I give you the real deal, Ace Cafe, Ton-up, the 59 Club, and oily rockers circa 1962. I give you an absolute classic amongst all classic British biker wear ..... a Belstaff Trojan!

Made from IronHyde - a peculiar totally waterproof but somehow breathable indestructable rubberised PVC.

This is the rockin' young man's Black Prince. It is totally original and as rare as rocking horse you-know-what! My Dad wore this on his Bonneville interchanging with an Irvin. This survived, the Irvin didn't.

It has a Lightning zip with the C-stop. It comes complete with its zip out winter liner. It may yet come complete with a belt that I am trying to source.

It is big and heavy. A 44 chest I think. I guess I will have to do measurements.

Got a Triumph? a Norton? a Vincent? got your Lewis Leather boots? Got your white silk scarf? Now get your Trojan before I change my mind!!!

IMG_2110.jpg

IMG_2112.jpg

IMG_2113.jpg

(^^^ underarm brass mesh grommet to allow for breathability)

IMG_2114.jpg

IMG_2115.jpg

IMG_2117.jpg

IMG_2118.jpg

IMG_2119.jpg

This jacket is nigh on 50 years old and it is the real deal.... the inside shows dirt around the lower back - splashback from the road no doubt. The non-rubberised inside face of the collar does show some wear and fraying. The IronHyde itself is basically unmarked and probably will be in another 50 years - it is indestructable!

I am going to ask £275 (plus p&P, paypal etc) for this piece of Classic British Bike history. The price maybe strong and reflects rarity, desirability and my reluctance to let it go. However, needs must. Unless I change my mind, in a week it will be listed on Ebay with a definite Japanese flavour.

I thought I'd offer you classic British Bike nuts first crack at a legend!

classic

New in Town
did you manage to sell your Belstaff jacket ? i have one just like it

it's been sitting in the wardrobe for ages and i'm thinking of selling

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112