Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CLASSIC HATS & CAPS! Harris & Donegal Tweeds, VINTAGE military, Lock & Co, Christy's, more!

tweedydon

Call Me a Cab
CLASSIC HATS!

[SIZE=4[B]]I have a whole slew of wonderful classic hats to pass on today, including Harris & Donegal tweed hats and caps, a genuine Basque beret, a wonderful stalking hat by Lock & Co of London for Brooks Brothers, and more![/B][/SIZE]

As always, I offer FREE SHIPPING ON EVERYTHING IN THE USA; International inquiries are welcome, with shipping at cost!

Also as always, ALL OFFERS ARE VERY WELCOME!

Please PM with interest and offers!

1) Made in England Tweed hat by Christy's of London. This is wonderful--a lovely classic shepherd's check hat. Originally sold by Henry Marks Ltd at the Mount Royal Hotel in Montreal, this is all wool, and in Very Good/Excellent condition. It's a size 7 1/4 (59). Asking just $25.

2) CLASSIC Irish Donegal tweed walking hat. This is beautiful; a classic grey herringbone flecked through with berry red, pumpkin orange, gorse yellow, and Eske river blue. This was Made in Ireland, and is in excellent condition. Interior circumference measures 23 1/4. Asking just $27.

3) Beautiful Donegal tweed walking hat, in blackwatch colouring. Made in Ireland, this is a beautiful and rare walking hat! In excellent condition. Interior circumference 22 1/4. Asking just $25.

tweedydon

Call Me a Cab
4) Scala cap. Excellent condition. Interior: 22 3/4. Asking just $18.

5) VINTAGE Glengarry cap--with optional peak! At first, this presents as a standard military-drab Glengarry. However, it's arranged so that it can easily covert to a peaked cap. This is the first hat I've seen like this, and I've love any information that anyone might have concerning what the insignia is (Swiss ARmy?), what this style of hat is called, and what vintage it might be. (I believe that it might be Second War issue; if not, likely no later than 1950s.) It's in very Good/Excellent condition, is a size 59--and a steal at just $30!

6) VINTAGE LL Bean fur hat. This carries the desirable script signature that denotes Bean at its height. This is in excellent condition, but I do not believe that it's real fur! Very Good/Excellent condition. Interior circumference 23 1/4. Asking just $22.

7) Donegal Tweed cap. A classic Donegal cap in grey herringbone, flecked throughout with yellow, green, blue, and pumpkin! Made in Ireland. Excellent condition. Size USA 7 1/2... Imperial measurement 7 3/8! Asking just $25.

8) Vintage Millar's of Ireland Tweed walking hat. Lovely vintage label! Made in Ireland. Very Good condition. Asking just $22. Interior: 22 5/8.

tweedydon

Call Me a Cab
9) BEAUTIFUL Harris Tweed Trilby hat, with ornamental feather in the tweed band! Absolutely excellent condition, this is both beautiful and rare. Size 7 1/8. Asking just $35, or offer.

10) Pendleton tartan cap. Made in the USA. Interior: 22. very Good condition. Asking just $18.

11) Vintage Tweed multipanel newsboy cap. Made in Scotland by Ballentyne. Size 7. Very Good condition--some minor discoloration to the interior sweatband, as shown--and absolutely beautiful! Asking just $24.

12) Classic Harris Tweed Cap in blue-grey slate herringbone. Very recent, this is in excellent condition. Made in Great Britain. Size 7. Asking just $24.

tweedydon

Call Me a Cab
13) Scottish tweed Country hat. Made by Jack Gelfer in Strathclyde, Scotland. Very Good/Excellent condition. Interior: 22 1/4. Asking just $25.

14) WONDERFUL! A classic and rare Stalking hat. The interior label is all but destroyed, but close examination shows that this was made by Lock & Co of London for Brooks Brothers. The exterior shell is in excellent condition; the only damage is to the interior label, and this could easily be repaired. This is thus in overall Very Good condition. Interior: 23. Asking just $28.

15) VINTAGE Barbour hood. Waxed cotton with tartan lining, this is designed to attach to their old-school jackets (such as the Border, Northumbria, and so on) by studs. Very Good condition; faded to a light loden green as this is an older hood! Please note that THESE HOODS ARE NO LONGER MADE! Fits all size Barbour jackets that take studded hoods (i.e., NOT the recent Sylkoil Barbours). Dates from when all Barbours were Made in England. Asking just $25.

tweedydon

Call Me a Cab
16) VINTAGE Barbour hood. Waxed cotton with tartan lining, this is designed to attach to their old-school jackets (such as the Border, Northumbria, and so on) by studs. This is the most recent version before discontinuation of production, and features an internal wire strip at the hood edge so you can shape it. EXCELLENT condition. Please note that THESE HOODS ARE NO LONGER MADE! Fits all size Barbour jackets that take studded hoods (i.e., NOT the recent Sylkoil Barbours). Made in England. Asking just $35.

17) GENUINE French beret. This has some minor damage to the sweatband, as shown. Pure wool, and rain resistant, if my French is up to the task of translation here! This is a genuine French beret--and not a sold-to-tourists fashion version, either; this is the real deal. Made in France. Good/Very Good condition. If you'd like to make a nod to the genuine heroism of the Resistance, this would be the hat for you! Size 59. Asking just $18.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana