Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CLASSIC HATS! Vintage Crusher, Harris & Donegal tweeds, Lock & Co, Stalking Hats!

tweedydon

Call Me a Cab
I have a whole slew of wonderful classic hats to pass on today, including Harris & Donegal tweed hats and caps, a vintage glengarry, a wonderful stalking hat by Lock & Co of London for Brooks Brothers, and more!

As always, I offer FREE SHIPPING ON EVERYTHING IN THE USA; International inquiries are welcome, with shipping at cost!

Also as always, ALL OFFERS ARE VERY WELCOME!

Please PM with interest and offers!]

1) CLASSIC Irish Donegal tweed walking hat. This is beautiful; a classic grey herringbone flecked through with berry red, pumpkin orange, gorse yellow, and Eske river blue. This was Made in Ireland, and is in excellent condition. Interior circumference measures 23 1/4. Asking just $20

2) Harris Tweed Cap, lined in Goretex! Size M. Caps made from Harris tweed have been a menswear classic staple for well over a century and a half, and this is a lovely contemporary example. Made from grey and black Harris Tweed in a classic shepherd's check this is lined in Goretex for additional rain protection. It features a classic snap-down visor, and is in excellent condition. Size Medium. 22" interior circumference. Just $20

tweedydon

Call Me a Cab
3) Classic Snap-brim Irish flat cap, by Hanna Hats of Ireland. Made in Ireland from Donegal tweed in the traditional pepper and salt pattern and colourway. Excellent condition. Size S; measures c. 21" interior circumference. Asking just $18.

4) Vintage Crusher Cap. I believe that this type of crusher was issued to trolley conductors in Trenton, NJ, back when Trenton had a functioning trolley system--but I might be mistaken here. Independently of its original use, this is a lovely example of a vintage crusher cap with a plastic visor and an interior leather sweatband. The hat has some minor marking to the underside of the visor, and could do with a good dusting, but is overall in Very Good condition. Measures 22 1/2" in the interior circumference.
Asking just $35, boxed and shipped in the USA.

5) Classic Snap-brim Irish flat cap, by Hanna Hats of Ireland. Made in Ireland from Donegal tweed in a beautiful broad herringbone pattern in classic grey, flecked through with berry red, sky blue, moss green, and the burnt orange of autumn bracken--the colours of the Irish countryside! Excellent condition. Size XXL; measures c. 23 1/2" interior circumference. Asking just $20.

tweedydon

Call Me a Cab
6) Beautiful Donegal tweed walking hat, in blackwatch colouring. Made in Ireland, this is a beautiful and rare walking hat! In excellent condition. Size S. Interior circumference 22 1/4. Asking just $18

7) Dobbs of Fifth Avenue patchwork tweed cap. made in the USA; size 7 1/4". (Circumference c. 22 3/4"). Some minor discolouration to the hatband, hence Very Good condition, and so just $14

8) VINTAGE Glengarry cap--with optional peak! At first, this presents as a standard military-drab Glengarry. However, it's arranged so that it can easily covert to a peaked cap. This is the first hat I've seen like this, and I've love any information that anyone might have concerning what the insignia is (Swiss ARmy?), what this style of hat is called, and what vintage it might be. (I believe that it might be Second War issue; if not, likely no later than 1950s.) It's in very Good/Excellent condition, is a size 59--and a steal at just $18

tweedydon

Call Me a Cab
9) Traditional Irish walking hat, by Hanna Hats of Ireland. Made in Ireland from Donegal tweed in the traditional pepper and salt pattern and colourway. This was originally sold by Cable Car Clothiers of San Francisco, the very upscale traditional clothing store. Excellent condition. Size 7 3/8; measures c. 22 1/2" interior circumference. Asking just $20

10) VINTAGE LL Bean fur hat. This carries the desirable script signature that denotes Bean at its height. This is in excellent condition, but I do not believe that it's real fur! Very Good/Excellent condition. Interior circumference 23 1/4. Asking just $16

11) Harris Tweed newsboy cap. Absolutely beautiful, this is a truly classic cap in a lovely and rare barleycorn Harris tweed in shades of moss and sepia. This features a snap bill, and is in excellent condition, with the exception of a former owner's name inside. This was Made in England. Size XL; this measures c. 23 1/4". Asking just $19

tweedydon

Call Me a Cab
12) Vintage Millar's of Ireland Tweed walking hat. Lovely vintage label! Made in Ireland. Very Good condition. Asking just $16 Interior: 22 5/8.

13) Pendleton tartan cap. Made in the USA. Interior: 22. very Good condition. Asking just $10

14) Classic Harris Tweed Cap in blue-grey slate herringbone. Very recent, this is in excellent condition. Made in Great Britain. Size 7. Asking just $18

tweedydon

Call Me a Cab
15) Scottish tweed Country hat. Made by Jack Gelfer in Strathclyde, Scotland. Very Good/Excellent condition. Interior: 22 1/4. Asking just $15

16) WONDERFUL! A classic and rare Stalking hat. The interior liner label is all but destroyed, but close examination shows that this was made by Lock & Co of London for Brooks Brothers. The exterior shell is in excellent condition; the only damage is to the interior label, and this could easily be repaired. This is thus in overall Very Good condition. Interior: 23. Asking just $18

tweedydon

Call Me a Cab
17) WONDERFUL (and likely unworn) Stalking Hat from Harrods of London!

This is beautiful--a classic British Stalking hat in a classic guncheck pattern, sold by Harrods of London!
Until it was purchased by el Fayad, Harrods was known as THE upper-class department store in London, eclipsing its closest rival Fortnum and Mason by sheer size. The reign of Fayed saw a decline in Harrods' social fortunes as the interior of the building was subject to his rather.... un-British taste, although the quality of the goods that it sold remained unaffected. Harrods was sold to the state of Qatar in 2015 for a reported $1.5 BILLION, and its social status has improved dramatically.

But none of that has any bearing on this lovely hat, which was Made in Great Britain from pure new wool, and which is in absolutely excellent condition--it is possibly unworn. It is tagged size (UK) 7 1/8 (EU 58), which is a US 7 1/4.

Asking just $29, or offer, boxed and shipped in the USA.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points