Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Classic Lamborghini Gets CarBQ'd in London

Location: Wales Farm Road and Jenner Avenue, North Acton, London

[video=youtube;fqpa1HB-wOc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=fqpa1HB-wOc[/video]

Last edited:

Talbot

One Too Many
The youtube banner ad for the All New Kia Cerato was a bit tongue in cheek I thought.

Everybody stands back and blocks the road so the brigade can't get to it.

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Location: Wales Farm Road and Jenner Avenue, North Acton, London

[video=youtube;fqpa1HB-wOc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=fqpa1HB-wOc[/video]

And now, the rest of the story:
Some things in life make you sick to your stomach: despicable crimes, a swift kick to the groin, Brussels sprouts, and this video — documenting the burning wreckage of an original Lamborghini Miura P400 SV, which burst into flames on a London street.

What happened to this gem remains a mystery, but watching the video, it appears to be toast (no-pun intended). The P400 SV variant of the Lamborghini Miura boosted the Miura's claim as the world's first supercar. With only 150 built, they're only for serious collectors; last year a regular Miura upgraded to a SV sold at RM Auctions in Pebble Beach, Calif., for $660,000.

The owner of the flame-broiled Miura is reported to be a wealthy London property investor who doesn't own a fire extinguisher; imagine watching your treasured machine burn to the ground knowing if you'd just spent 20 bucks at Tesco it might be salvageable. The fire department, according to the guy in the video, was stuck in traffic. That same guy offers his disgust at an alloy wheel being on fire. Personally, I'd be more concerned about the priceless machine the alloy connects to.

It's tragic to witness such a beautiful, storied machine burn to the ground. Whether this is worse than a kick to the groin remains one of life's great mysteries. It's not, however, as bad as Brussels sprouts.
By Alex lloyd

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
Well, at least it wasn't a Mors, a Humber, Panhard, Hotchkiss, Darracq, Siddley, Wolsley, DeDion-Bouton, Delunay-Belllville, or some other real rarity of the "rear-Entrance tonneau" period! One must try to find the bright side in any unfortunate occurance, don't you know.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
last year a regular Miura upgraded to a SV sold at RM Auctions in Pebble Beach, Calif., for $660,000.

And the rest...genuine SVs go for over £1million ("Octane" or "Thoroughbred & Classic Cars" had a price guide and market news for Miuras an issue or two back).

IMHO one of the less savoury things of the internet is how people can voyeur over others misfortunes and videos like this - I actually didn't watch this nor did I want to.

Sadly this was probably some bloke's/woman's pride and joy.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
doesn't own a fire extinguisher; imagine watching your treasured machine burn to the ground knowing if you'd just spent 20 bucks at Tesco
:eusa_doh:

One of these and it never happened.....

29356d1300733336-fire-extinguisher-mounting-photo0009.jpg

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
This is why I always promote buying a fire extinguisher, 2 for the car, (one in the trunk one in the passenger area) and the same for a house, several in different locations. Nice ride, no marshmallows[huh].

This is why I always promote buying a fire extinguisher, 2 for the car, (one in the trunk one in the passenger area) and the same for a house, several in different locations. Nice ride, no marshmallows[huh].

That was the general consensus in the comments that while this guy could obviously afford the car he apparently couldn't afford a measley few bucks more to get a fire extinguisher especially in light of the fact that Lambos are notoriously prone to engine fires.

Last edited:

Talbot

One Too Many
Engine fires can be rather challenging to put out, not for the faint hearted.

Even with a bottle it pays not to be too complacent - an explosion (even a small one) could ruin your entire day.

If it's a rear engine car (not sure with these Lambo things) you may not even get that smokey feeling until it has well and truly taken hold.

Unless you can nip a car fire in the bud better off to keep your health. Damn shame, but not worth the skin grafts

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto