Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Classic leather "workbot" for wide feet.

oldcrow82

One of the Regulars
Most modern off the shelf brands are labeled a D width, with modest exceptions. I am an A or AA width. As such I have searched high and low for proper fitting work boots spending lots of hard earned dollars doing so. I resolved to ordering (read expensive) custom made work boots. My new favorite brand is wesco. I am about 3 months into a pair of packers and I can say easily that they are the most comfortable pair of foot wear I have ever owned. If you live here in the US call wesco and talk to Pete in the custom fit department. He will set you straight, answer all of your questions and make sure you get what you are looking for. Be prepaired to spend some money. I am by no means a wealthy man but my packers are the best money I've spent in years.
A side note. I was so happy that I ordered a pair of walking around boots. When the last style I settled on did not provide as good of a fit as discussed with Pete, wesco offered to rebuild the boots with the better fitting last, for me, at no charge. Great company great service (not as critical but very helpful, great and informative website).

jack miranda

A-List Customer
Wide feet blues

Yep. Most shoes, I'd be better off wearing the box instead of the shoe. I've learned with the Wolverine '1000-Mile' boot and others to buy up a size from a 9.5 E to a 10 D, add an insole, and start walking. it has been fairly successful, though with some shoe makers I have to wear really thin socks to make it work. Good luck, Jeff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff