Classic-Style Railroad Photos

Discussion in 'The Golden Era' started by KilroyCD, Jan 27, 2008.

1. KilroyCD

KilroyCD One Too Many

Last November Retrogirl1941 and I (along with another friend) participated in a photo shoot at the Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania in Strasburg, PA. Some of these photos are now available for viewing online. We're in some of the b&w photos, and I'm the one in the cardigan wearing a Fedora. Here's the link: http://www.lerroproductions.com/pamuseum.html

2. dhermann1

dhermann1 I'll Lock Up

Almost every year I get a Railroad calendar. This year I have one with beautiful old black and white pix by the great railroad photographer Winston Link.
    Love those railroad pix!
    Those are wonderful pix in the link. I did a double take before I realized that I recognized some of those faces in the pictures! That must have been FUN!!!

3. MrNewportCustom

MrNewportCustom Call Me a Cab

Wow! The man is good! Beautiful pictures!

Lee

4. kampkatz

kampkatz Practically Family

Photos of the old steam engines are always appreciated. It is a shame that too many of the classic engines were completely eliminated when diesel took ove. Fortunately there are a good number of preserved "iron horses" in the US. The British are to be admired for having had the foresight to hang onto many more engines(they also had steam in service years after the US threw out the baby with the bath water). Thanks for the nostalgic pics.

5. J. M. Stovall

J. M. Stovall Call Me a Cab

Why do the new diesel engine have to be SO utilitarian (i.e. ugly)? Are there not any good industrial designers any more? Why does everything either have no design, or look like it was designed by Apple? :mad:

6. kpreed

kpreed Guest

Thank You.

Some great photos ! Thanks for the link. :eusa_clap

7. ENfield3-8303

ENfield3-8303 Familiar Face

Truly outstanding pictures; I may very well look into picking up a couple of prints.

8. retrogirl1941

retrogirl1941 One Too Many

Its seems you can't one of us without the other!

Samantha

9. RAF Man

RAF Man One of the Regulars

Thanks for the link to those great pictures. Superb.

10. DeaconKC

DeaconKC Guest

Kilroy, love the GG1 pic! Thanks for sharing.