Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cleaning Cashmere?

Wesslyn

Practically Family
It's been quite chilly despite being springtime. Like a fool, I left my cashmere overcoat where my roommate's dog could use it for a bathroom.
I'm not too savvy on bringing it to a drycleaner. It's cold NOW.
Any advice on cleaning cashmere to be worn within a day of doing so?

thor

One Too Many
You can purchase a do-it-yourself cashmere dry-cleaning kit from a brand called Dryel. You drop a cleaning packet into a lightweight cloth bag, zip closed and tumble-dry in your home dryer for 15 minutes. I believe you'll find them at larger chain stores and specialty stores like Bed,Bath And Beyond.

Peacoat

Bartender
While what Thor suggests might well work, I think I would just do without the coat for a day or two and have it professionally cleaned. Surely you have an alternative overcoat?

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
If the dog has urinated on the coat, you might need to treat it with a special dog wee enzyme remover. you might have to do some google research on this.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
I suggest a professional cleaner, even though I like your suggestion Thor. Liquid Animal wastes leave a lot of odor & germs, and well, they are just rather gross too. As one who grew up on a farm and rasie a fair bit of livestock including the domestic types of Cats & dogs, I was pretty used to this. Whatever is in that wool/cashmere coat will get into your suit if you put it on over it. Do without it for a while and get it professionally cleaned.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points