Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clinch Jodhpur Boots Black overdyed Horsebutt CN Last Review

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
Hey Guys,

I'm glad to tell you that my new Clinch Jodhpur boots arrived from Japan in less than one week which may be a record in these days.

Once the boots were shipped from Japan I was getting nervous due to many reasons - last parcel I shipped to someone got lost (still waiting for the refund from DHL), the fact that parcels sometimes can take several weeks due to current situation and also if the boots will fit me and if I really would like them as I've never tried Clinch boots on before.

The helpful guy from the Japanese online shop recommended to size up by one size as the Jodhpur boots are rather narrow (shaft and toe box). I basically had no choice as this size was the only size available worldwide.

I also had the opportunity to buy the black Latigo Engineer boots from another shop and was also considering the black Attractions Horsebutt Engineer boots (due to much lower price). But once I saw many pictures of the Clinch Jodhpur boots they didn't get out of my head and got the feeling to take them and I needed to decide quickly due to the potential risk of prior sale.

While I spent Summer vacation with my wife and daughter at Baltic Sea, all of a sudden I got a really bad feeling and thought "am I crazy??, so much money for one pair of boots?!" Without hesitation I kindly asked the shop owner if he can cancel my order as he mentioned that he had at least another person who was interested in the boots. Long story short he rejected and I paid as agreed and today I'm really glad that he rejected my request to cancel the order as these are the best boots I own now (I do have Vibergs, White's, Rolling Dub Trio boots and other high quality shoes from shoemakers like Vass Budapest and Italian shoemakers). Of course one can't compare these boots with let's say Vass dress shoes (these are, like Clinch also 100% hand welted) as the Clinch boots are really massive and heavy - one pair weighs 2.3kg / 5lbs. The fit of the boots is just perfect and I love the sihoutte of the boots. The quality (and smell) of the leather, the craftmanship is outstanding as far as I can judge this as I'm not a shoemaker. There is simply nothing I would change with the boots and I'm also glad that I chose the Jodhpur and not the Engineer boots even if I like Engineer boots more and more but Jodhpur boots matches better to my style.

Here are some first pictures of the boots

Cheers,
Robbie

upload_2020-8-14_16-40-16.png

upload_2020-8-14_16-59-42.png

upload_2020-8-14_17-0-0.png

upload_2020-8-14_17-0-9.png

upload_2020-8-14_17-0-19.png

upload_2020-8-14_17-0-27.png

upload_2020-8-14_17-0-36.png

upload_2020-8-14_17-0-43.png

upload_2020-8-14_17-0-51.png

upload_2020-8-14_17-1-40.png

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
Agree that leather looks similar to LW horse and that it looks super thick on the shaft. Is it 4 mm? That would account for the heft. I thought my Vibergs were heavy at 2 lbs each...

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
Thanks for the positive feedback so far and I agree that it's not everyones taste. My wife also likes my Italian made Jodhpur boots made of thin calf leather and thin leather sole more than these tanks :cool:;)

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
I read an article on Clinch. Due to thickness and hand-selected density of the leather, the vamps on these will not crease, they will create folds. That is Clinch calling card. The owner said the customer should expect the folds to form. That, in addition to the tea-core effect should result in an unbelievable worn-in look.

And here I thought that my Vibers are heavy. Well, the are around 2.5 kg, maybe more as the box was 3 kg but the leather on the Clinch looks twice as thick.

Mich486

One Too Many
Superb boots Robbie! That Horsebutt is surely thick as hell, the engineers I had were made in a Horsebutt which was nowhere near this thick. This confirms my idea that Clinch leathers needs to be discussed batch by batch as they vary a lot. Now... you really just need those engineers! ;)

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
Superb boots Robbie! That Horsebutt is surely thick as hell, the engineers I had were made in a Horsebutt which was nowhere near this thick. This confirms my idea that Clinch leathers needs to be discussed batch by batch as they vary a lot. Now... you really just need those engineers! ;)
Thanks and no no, I don‘t need another pair of Clinch boots

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GokhanB