Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Closet Closeout Sale!

Secondhandlion96

New in Town
TiltRotorFlyer,
I wear a 7 3/8 or 59. Does either one of the two hats fit a little smaller than the other? I just joined the FL and this will be my 1st fedora. Can you tell me the age of the Stetson 25? I would like to eventually get me a couple of nice dress hats but I'm looking for an every day hat first to make sure they are something I will really wear and get my money's worth. However, I don't want to start out with something to large and defeat the purpose by starting with something to big.
Thanks,

Thanks,

TiltRotorFlyer

One of the Regulars
TiltRotorFlyer,
I wear a 7 3/8 or 59. Does either one of the two hats fit a little smaller than the other? I just joined the FL and this will be my 1st fedora. Can you tell me the age of the Stetson 25? I would like to eventually get me a couple of nice dress hats but I'm looking for an every day hat first to make sure they are something I will really wear and get my money's worth. However, I don't want to start out with something to large and defeat the purpose by starting with something to big.
Thanks,

Thanks,

Hello, I am a 59 also but got a 60 from Akubra based on articles I've read here about it shrinking a bit with wear and conforming to one's head. The Stetson 25 is a vintage hat but I'm no expert at dating based on liners etc. some people here could probably tell the exact date it was made in about three seconds but I'm not that guy. It is a great hat with real dense and soft felt, almost clay-like. I think it fits a little smaller than the Akubra, but you can always get some foam inserts and wear them till the hat forms to your head. Let me know if your interested. PM if able

TiltRotorFlyer

One of the Regulars
Update: The Bill Kelso A-2 has sold.

Still available for purchase: USAF Issue Goatskin A-2, Schott Cafe Racer, Suede Car Coat, Akubra Heritage Grade Campdraft.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ