CLOVERFIELD (1-18-08)

Discussion in 'The Moving Picture' started by RIOT, Jul 10, 2007.

1. RIOT

RIOT Practically Family

2. panamag8or

panamag8or Practically Family

Some discussion of it is
    here:

3. Fleur De Guerre

Fleur De Guerre Call Me a Cab

I don't know what it is, but that Ethan Haas was Right website was a good time-waster for me a couple of days ago!

Seems to be some sort of Blair Witch Godzilla type thing.

4. Starius

Starius Practically Family

I've seen a lot of convincing theories so far that this movie is about the cthulhu mythos, but I can't possibly imagine a big budget movie based on something Lovecraftian.

All I know is that the puzzles on the website are pretty fun.

5. Pink Dahlia

Pink Dahlia Call Me a Cab

For some reason I just can't believe it's Godzilla (that's the rumor flying around). A friend said he believes it's the monster from Lost. Ethan Haas anyone? Abrams must love puzzles man.

"Internet users have pieced together a string of websites that suggest that the Cloverfield trailer is part of an online viral marketing campaign, similar to what Steven Spielberg's Artificial Intelligence: A.I. used in 2001.

Websites such as ethanhaaswasright.com and 1-18-08.com contain puzzles that ominously detail a number of chaotic events that occurred, beginning with a monster ravaging New York."

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/serv...inment/?page=rss&id=RTGAM.20070710.wtrailer10

I mean when the Statue of Liberty's head lands right in front of them...whoa.

6. Fleur De Guerre

Fleur De Guerre Call Me a Cab

7. flat-top

flat-top My Mail is Forwarded Here

I think your friend is right, Dahlia. I really believe this has something to do with LOST.
    JJ Abrams' next MOVIE project is Star Trek.
    And what better way to create hype over a show that so many have written off??

8. Atomic Glee

Atomic Glee Practically Family

ONE of Abrams's next movies is "Star Trek." This "Cloverfield" is, in fact, something completely seperate:

"Paramount greenlighted the project under a veil of heavy secrecy in February, about the same time that Abrams agreed to the take over the directing reins of the new "Star Trek" film.

The casting process was just as mysterious. No scripts or even scene pages were sent out; agents who were contacted were simply asked if their client wanted to be in the movie or not. Eventually a cast,made up mostly of relative unknowns, was put together; it includes Michael Stahl-David ("The Black Donnellys"), Odet Jasmin, Mike Vogel ("Supercross") and Lizzy Caplan ("The Class")."

9. Miss_Bella_Hell

Miss_Bella_Hell My Mail is Forwarded Here

Hey! That's my birthday! Maybe that's what it's about!

(Although Cthulhu would be cool too)

10. Quigley Brown

Quigley Brown Call Me a Cab

Anyone making one titled '12-21-12?'

11. Pink Dahlia

Pink Dahlia Call Me a Cab

On the teaser site:

"No synopsis provided by the studio."

Funny.

P.S. - I wonder if the Gochira (Godzilla) rumor started (in addition to the sounds people claim is Godzilla) because the character leaving is heading to Nihon (Japan).

12. RIOT

RIOT Practically Family

???

This movie's release is fast approaching and still no definitive as to what it is about.. ? I have not seen any follow up trailers to this except for what is talked about and something ? that is suppose to be shown with the upcoming Beowulf movie.

Still a mystery? [huh]

13. RIOT

RIOT Practically Family

It looks like that Beowulf movie is going to end up being a must see afterall when it comes out on the 16th, because of the Indy and Cloverfield trailers attached to this. lol

14. Starius

Starius Practically Family

I'm starting to think that the movie actually IS called "Cloverfield."
    I mean really, what are the odds a secret like the name of a movie can be kept this long these days?

15. RIOT

RIOT Practically Family

16. flat-top

flat-top My Mail is Forwarded Here

I have a theory based on what I've seen and read: this is obviously a "monster" movie, but since it's being shot with a video camera "point of view" Blair Witch style, I think it will be more about what you DON'T see. There will be, I'm sure crazy FX shots, but I doubt the camera will gaze lovingly upon them. Quick flashes and jerky movements are way more disturbing and real.

17. Girl Friday

Girl Friday Practically Family

Not as far as I know...but there are plenty of websites...and even some stuff on the History Channel.

Interesting...

18. RIOT

RIOT Practically Family

19. J.S.Udontknowme

J.S.Udontknowme A-List Customer

Nobody will be around to see it.lol

20. mike

mike Call Me a Cab

HAHAHA I was about to say the same thing! lol