Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Coat of Arms - Top Hat identification

fabiovenhorst

Call Me a Cab
Tying to identify the origin of this Coat of Arms printed in the box and lining of my "new" the vintage top hat.

It was imported and sold by Chapelaria Alberto - Alberto Rodrigues & Cia from Rio de Janeiro.

Any help?

img-1.jpg
img-2.jpg

Drdan

Familiar Face
A very satisfied customer who was a member. bestowed a Royal Warrant to Chapelaria Alberto, showing that the hatshop had the approval of a member of the Order of the Garter. Who was the member?

Last edited:

fabiovenhorst

Call Me a Cab
A very satisfied customer who was a member. bestowed a Royal Warrant to Chapelaria Alberto, showing that the hatshop had the approval of a member of the Order of the Garter. Who was the member?

I did some research about it and found that King Albert I from Belgium was a customer when he visited Brazil and he was a member of the Order of The Garter.

The Emperor Pedro II was the only one brazilian member of the order but I don't know if he was a customer....

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldBoot