Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Coats

Little lady

Familiar Face
Does anyone else have trouble finding good coats?

It's so hard to find one that fits, but even harder to also find one that actually looks good. I could really do with severall new coats right now, one for really cold winter, one for cold autumn/spring, and one for warmer weather as well as one for rainy weather. As I'm sure you can guess, I don't often wear a jacket. I've been putting it off for as long as I can, and now I will have to do something. The cold autumn/spring coat is especially needed.
I missed out on the lovely heyday coat, but I hear there might be a new version next year, with the winter being sort of over maybe I can wait. I have also noticed the stop staring dress coat. Has anybody tried it? I just don't know what to do about sizing, or how warm it would be. But really do you have any reckomendations for any kind of coat?
It needs to have a full skirt as my hips are often too large even for a-line skirts to fit, it also needs to be an easy fit for a full bust (but my shoulders and back are quite small, so it can't have too much room there).

lareine

A-List Customer
I took a look at that Stop Staring Dress Coat a couple of weeks ago but I didn't think it seemed very warm. The fabric was quite thin. And at that price I wasn't going to buy it anyway, so I didn't try it on.

If you can sew, just make your own coat. It's a lot easier than it sounds, and you can get something that fits properly. That's what I plan on doing this coming winter (I plan on copying the Stop Staring coat but making it warmer and made-to-measure).

Little lady

Familiar Face
Thank you very much for the suggestions GrantFan and CaramelSmoothie :)

lareine: Thank you very much for give me a better idea of what kind of coat the stop staring dress coat is. Sewing is not an option.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk