Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cockpit USA sizing.

kliffjumper123

Familiar Face
Hello all, I'm in the market for another A-2 and at this point, am still looking for the 'right one'. I came across a Cockpit USA WW2 Government issue jacket in a 34. I just wanted to know how Cockpit USA sizing is. I've been told that you can size down from your regular but am unsure as to how that might apply with the seemingly trimmer 'government issue ww2' jacket.

I would say that my size is a 36 (I have a Japanese Nakata Shoten in a 36 which fits me well) but being a slimmer individual, I'm unsure as to what I should do.

robrinay

One Too Many
I’d advise you to ask for measurements and compare them to your other jacket. You’ll need pit to pit, shoulder width, base of collar to hem and outside sleeve length.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
You could have included this in your other thread.

Once you get down to a size as small as a 34, fit becomes complex and you really need measurements to go by as robin has recommended. Sizing for extra small is as tricky as extra large, particularly for the A2 which is hard to get right at the best of times.

I contacted Cockpit USA about measurements for their various styles and the sizes do not differ much at all.

Last edited:

Brettafett

One Too Many
Be careful with the measurements you receive from Cockpit... They'll send you database measurements and not hand-measured.
Also, their patterns are their own, so its difficult to compare with other repro jackets. My Cockpit Gov Issue A-2 is a 36 long and fits like an Eastman 40. Almost guarantee you'll have to size down one or two sizes and go long if you can.
Better if the jacket is returnable, but see my post in your other thread.

kliffjumper123

Familiar Face
You could have included this in your other thread.

Once you get down to a size as small as a 34, fit becomes complex and you really need measurements to go by as robin has recommended. Sizing for extra small is as tricky as extra large, particularly for the A2 which is hard to get right at the best of times.

I contacted Cockpit USA about measurements for their various styles and the sizes do not differ much at all.

Thanks for the reply. I might just delete this thread and include the info in there. Thank you for your help.

kliffjumper123

Familiar Face
Be careful with the measurements you receive from Cockpit... They'll send you database measurements and not hand-measured.
Also, their patterns are their own, so its difficult to compare with other repro jackets. My Cockpit Gov Issue A-2 is a 36 long and fits like an Eastman 40. Almost guarantee you'll have to size down one or two sizes and go long if you can.
Better if the jacket is returnable, but see my post in your other thread.
Thanks for your help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider