Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cockpit USA "WWII issue" A-2 Horsehide

GregGale

One of the Regulars
Cockpit USA "WWII issue" A-2 Horsehide in good condition. Size 36Long, but I would say it's a 38/40. I'm 184 cm tall, 75 kg.

Shoulder: 18.5
Pit to pit: 21.5
Length: 25
Sleeve (without knits): 25.5

It was used to fly in airplanes so there is some wear (a lot like on the ELC Escape jacket), as shown on the pictures. The wrinkles on the 2nd pic are due to recent transportation. I'm asking 249 GBP with free shipping within the EU.

13627077_10153700391591526_5629664203220298057_n.jpg

Some temporary wrinkles due to recent transportation:
IMG_9262.jpg

IMG_9266.jpg
IMG_9267.jpg

Slight wear in the armpit:
IMG_9271.jpg

...and on the elbows:
IMG_9272.jpg

Zippers in great working condition:
IMG_9274.jpg

Knits undamaged (apart fro ma few thingies stuck on it from my girlfriend's scarf :) )
IMG_9275.jpg
IMG_9276.jpg
IMG_9277.jpg

Brettafett

One Too Many
Hi Greg, apologies for not getting back to you earlier. I was away most of the weekend and believe you bought the Star I was hoping to try on ;) I managed to go to the Pop Up on Sunday afternoon. Spent over an hour there... like a kid in a Candy store.
I am interested, will reread your original post for sizing details... but have to ask... Is that your best price for this jacket?
Thanks, Brett

Last edited:

GregGale

One of the Regulars
I'm open for negotiation :) What price you had in mind? I can send you more measurements if you need.

Brettafett

One Too Many
Hi Greg,
I looked into replacing the knits and its not that cheap, but not your problem...
Measurements are all there. I generally feel more comfortable with 26" body and sleeve length... I dunno, it might fit, it might fit weird. I know Cockpit has funny sizing.
Also, I have to ask, is this from a smoking or non-smoking home?
;)
Thanks, Brett

GregGale

One of the Regulars
Strictly non smoking! I haven't smoked a single cigarette in my life. The cuffs don't really need replacing in my view, but it's up to you. I can send more pictures of them if you like. Also, when I get home I will measure the length of the back with and without the knit.

Brettafett

One Too Many
Greg, same as me.
I recall you mentioning that it was a little tight on you, but I know you flew in it, so it can't be that restrictive... As Im a touch smaller than you, it should fit ok. I am ordering an Eastman, and you know how much those cost, but I am keen on this to put some patches on maybe... As a day to day wearer.
Would you accept £200 posted?

GregGale

One of the Regulars
Brett, you got yourself a deal! At least I know it will be in good hands :)

Patching it up is a great idea - they look awesome, but it's something that I wouldn't do to an Eastman. Please send me a PM with the shipping address and we can also discuss payment methods.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails