Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

College Football!

panamag8or

Practically Family
Tomasso said:
All my teams; Illinois, Florida and Hawaii lost. :(

At least you had the comfort of your couch. I actually made an overnight trip to Orlando to watch the Gators lose.:mad:

I wouldn't want to be on the team this off-season.:eek:

Bud-n-Texas

Practically Family
All I can say is

How Bout Them DAWGS

uga.jpg

anon`

One Too Many
Tomasso said:
All my teams; Illinois, Florida and Hawaii lost. :(
I'm the opposite! Most of my teams won: USC, Michigan, Mizzou, Texas Tech and Tennessee. I was very disappointed in Hawaii's performance, though.

While not so great a bowl season this year as last, in my opinion, at least the Pac-10 made a decent showing at 4-2 this time around!

Now then... go West Virginia, and I have no idea who I'm supposed to pull for on Monday [huh]

Bud-n-Texas

Practically Family
I like you was disappointed in Hawaii's performance. I had hoped for a better game. As an old coach, I hate to see any team blown out and embarrassed. I spent part of my childhood on Oahu and have a niece that attends UH. That having been said, the rest of my childhood was in Ga. and I went to UGA. My youngest graduated Ga Tech last year and now is in grad school. As for Monday, I have to pull for the SEC (LSU). It has proved itself as a true power in college football.

anon`

One Too Many
I'm thinking that I'll be pulling for LSU as well, but being somewhat beholden to to tradition, I do like to see a strong Big 10. However, I think that other OSU is perhaps a bit full of themselves, and I like the way LSU has played over the past few seasons.

Mustang

One of the Regulars
I'm a big time University of Michigan football fan :fing28:. My dad has had season tickets since 1977. I'm even thinking about getting a yellow fedora for wearing to the games for the "Maize Outs" ;) :plol

panamag8or

Practically Family
Mustang said:
I'm a big time University of Michigan football fan :fing28:. My dad has had season tickets since 1977. I'm even thinking about getting a yellow fedora for wearing to the games for the "Maize Outs" ;) :plol

:rage:

Mustang

One of the Regulars
panamag8or said:

:p;)

Despite the fact that I'd usually prefer the Big Ten to win, I'm glad LSU won...I like Les Miles (...a former Wolverine ;) ) And I despise Ohio State. Especially since they've been putting a whoopin' on Michigan as of late. :eusa_doh:

Mustang

One of the Regulars
Tomasso said:
It's time for Division I playoffs.
USC vs. LSU would have been a game.

I agree...on both counts. As far as I am concerned, once they completely ruined the traditional bowl game format, they should have went directly to a playoff. I hate the way they have it now.

panamag8or

Practically Family
Mustang said:
I agree...on both counts. As far as I am concerned, once they completely ruined the traditional bowl game format, they should have went directly to a playoff. I hate the way they have it now.

Now that the President of UGA has reversed his position and come out in favor of a playoff, I think it will gather steam, and we could see a change in 2010.

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
College ball has begun, my favorite sporting pastime. Football goes hand in hand with tailgating, a happy combination of two of my foremost favorites. Each year a group of us- thirty, all together- converge for a UCLA game at the Rose Bowl. This year it'll be for the Cal game.

We caravan up, parking at the nearby Aquatics Center. In the shade of e-z-ups, we barbeque tri-tip, sausages, and some steaks. Several of us bring about a million tacos and tamales from a local restaurant, others supply desserts; for a couple of years we had some guys bring “appetizers” but we’re so carnivorous that we focus pretty heavily on beef, pork, and chicken.

After the game, while thousands are trying exit, we set up the stove and cook up chili, serve it over cornbread muffins, and eat up any left bbq from the pregame meal.

It is byob, and while tastes vary, the generosity is remarkable.

Cigarband

A-List Customer
Charlie Weiss cost Notre Dame the win today. They were running the ball just fine and could have run out the clock,
but no, they abandoned what was working and started flinging the ball downfield. End of drive.:eusa_doh:
Michigan got the ball back with 2+ minutes left and scored with 22 seconds left to win the game.:rage: Charlie Weiss calls every offensive play, so this loss is on his head. ND should show him the door.:eusa_clap

Helysoune

One of the Regulars
I feel pretty sure that ol' CW is on his way out after this season if things don't turn around for the Irish. But as for me, other than Notre Dame, the only team I follow is the Buckeyes (obviously :) ) and am quite disappointed in tonight's game. :(

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Helysoune said:
the only team I follow is the Buckeyes (obviously :) ) and am quite disappointed in tonight's game. :(
T'was a good game; I thought y'all would get blown out.[huh]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points