Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

College Football!

panamag8or

Practically Family
spiridon said:
It was FUN watching Bama play an entire football game today!!!

Roll Tide!!!!

Thanks for taking care of that little orange problem for us.:eusa_clap Now if we can just win out...

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'll show back up to take my lumps. I wasn't able to watch the whole game, but it was probably for the best. With USC back down with the rest of the pack the rest of the season ought to be interesting.

I'm no Bama fan, but anytime somebody can beat UT I'm for it. ;)

panamag8or

Practically Family
So, I'm in the backyard just now, letting the dogs do their business, and I hear the Florida Drumline warming up. As a former member, it did my heart good to hear them from over 3 miles away.

Just another of the things I love about game day in Gainesville.

btw: I hate 12:30 games.:mad:

Pilgrim

One Too Many
Last weekend my treasured Washington State Cougars beat UCLA for the 6th time in 7 seasons! This was especially welcome because it was the Cougs' first conference win this season. The PAC-10 is a madhouse this year with teams bouncing in and out of the top 10 and the top 25, with upsets every weekend. And the Cougs are NOT a conference power this year.

BUT - if we can beat an inconsistent Cal team this weekend, we're two wins away from bowl eligible. We need to win out to get there - including beating our cordially despised in-state opponents, the lowly warshington dawgz.

7:00 Pacific Time tonight, if you can find the Fox Sports broadcast, join with me in cheering for the underdog Cougs!!!

Redcougclearbackground.gif

For those who aren't familiar with the athletic logo, the lines in the Cougar's head spell out WSU from left to right. Best logo in the US!!!!:D

RedPop4

One Too Many
Still only one loss, to University of Kentucky, who were ranked, at Kentucky in triple overtime, now less.

Tomorrow night is homecoming vs. Louisiana Tech, and we're at the jinxed, unlucky #2 ranking. :rage:

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
I'm sure everyone has heard how dismal a season the Nebraska Cornhuskers are having...sigh. :eusa_doh: It's the talk of the town - and since I live in Lincoln, I hear it all the time!

Phil

A-List Customer
Well, the Cyclones are wrapping up our season for football. Our last game is against Colorado. Thus far we are 2 and 8. But 1 of those 2 victories was over the Hawkeyes, so it's all good.

panamag8or

Practically Family
As much as I abhor the Miami Hurricanes, I will tune in for a second to say my goodbyes to the Queen of the new year's day bowls. So long, Orange Bowl, we'll miss you.

panamag8or

Practically Family
Tomasso said:
It really is a travesty that the the OB was allowed to waste away. :mad:

Well, when it was built, it was on the edge of town, but as the city grew around it, the neighborhood went downhill. It really is a dangerous place to be, now. Now, it can join Hialeah in Florida Icon heaven.:(

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
panamag8or said:
It really is a dangerous place to be, now.
The area is a relatively safe game day experience. BTW, the OB site is the front runner for the proposed new Marlin stadium.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
I'm goin' out on a limb.....

panamag8or said:
bring on the nolies tomorrow!!!
......But if Timmy has just an average Tebow game, he'll snag that bronze statue, a first for a soph.

2007_Florida_v08.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldBoot