Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds

Confused about sizing on LL Bean DUCK Boots - Please Help

palma

New in Town
Hi Gents,

I am considering purchasing LL Bean duck boots. I have been told to size down by one or two sizes or even sizing up. I currently wear size 9 in Red Wing Classic Moc Boot and typical 9 or 10 in Nike running shoes. How would advise I should size. I cannot purchase and return very easily as I am shopping from Canada. Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

ambulatingreader

New in Town
I ordered a pair of 11 wide EE , and they are loose enough for 1 pair of medium wool socks, under a pair of heavy socks. My shoe size is 11E-EE, so I'd go a 9 if you're wearing 1 pair socks, 10 if 2 pair. And the EEs are plenty wide. I got them over 10 yrs. ago, so i hope the sizing hasn't "shrunk", like in so many imported shoes, where I can't get into an XW. Good luck. And get a good pair of insoles, like Superfeet, for arch support.

ambulatingreader

New in Town
I ordered a pair of 11 wide EE , and they are loose enough for 1 pair of medium wool socks, under a pair of heavy socks. My shoe size is 11E-EE, so I'd go a 9 if you're wearing 1 pair socks, 10 if 2 pair. And the EEs are plenty wide. I got them over 10 yrs. ago, so i hope the sizing hasn't "shrunk", like in so many imported shoes, where I can't get into an XW. Good luck. And get a good pair of insoles, like Superfeet, for arch support.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
I wear a size 12. Both my pairs of Bean boots (one vintage, one new) are size 11s, and they fit perfectly.

Pinesiw

A-List Customer
I once tried on a pair of cabelas knockoff bean boots in size 12 (my usual size) and they felt like a full 11. so this thread will be a help for me cause I will be ordering online

Todd V

Familiar Face
Being a 7.5 D/E, I found that trying on a 7D was quite loose all around and a 6D was way too small. I gave up but may try again this year and find the right sock combination.

Noirblack

One of the Regulars
This is what their website says:

L.L.Bean Boot Fit Information

The fit of the L.L.Bean Boot is generous to allow for insulation in cold weather.To wear with light or midweight socks: If you wear a whole size, order one size down from your normal size.

If you wear a half size, order one and a half sizes down.Example: If you wear either a 9 or a 9½, order a size 8.To wear with heavyweight socks: If you wear a whole size, order your normal size. If you wear a half size, order the next whole size down.Example: If you wear either a 9 or a 9½, order a size 9

BTW, if you are shopping from Canada you can still return or exchange if the boots don't fit right.

palma

New in Town
^Ah, I didn't know you could order a pair and return from Canada. But, I suppose I would incur duty charges. Have you ordered from them in the past? How much was the duty charge. I guess I will order either 8.5E or 9D. Sound reasonable...seems like they fit a lot like Red Wings because I can fit in both those sizes in the Classic moc-toe red wing boot.

Thanks,