Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Considering Selling Vanson Rock N Roll jacket- should I repair it first?

Motorhead82

New in Town
I have a very nice Vanson sz 40 Rock N Roll jacket I am considering selling. This thing is awesome but just way too much jacket for me.

Anywho, about 4 or 5 of the zipper tabs need to be replaced. Not the zippers themselves, they are just missing the chain. Do you think it's worth my time and effort to get those replaced to get a possibly higher bid on ebay or should I just try to sell it as is?

This jacket is awesome. Only other flaws is a couple holes in the belt from conchos.

Motorhead82

New in Town
yeah that makes sense. Wonder if it'll be enough to make it worth it though. The zippers do work fine. Decisions..decisions..

Love the Peter Cushing quote.

Colin G

One Too Many
Personally, I would fix before selling. The buyer gets something ready to go that way and it will sell easier. Some potential buyers may be scared off by having to deal with a zipper repair.

Motorhead82

New in Town
It's actually looking like I wont be able to find an exact replacement. It's those chain zips similar to what Schott uses. Cant find an exact match online. Unless anyone else knows where i can find something similar.

Motorhead82

New in Town
Correct. it would be an easy fix if i could find the chains. I asked Vanson but they said I had to send it in for repairs.

Other than the concho holes, this thing is in great shape. Bullet proof.

The last two rock'nrolls I saw on the bay went for around that, yeh. You're saying the zippers are functional even though the chains are missing?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk