Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cool (But Sold) eBay Stuff

cookie

I'll Lock Up
J&Ms Can we talk here for a minute?

When exactly did things "go pear shaped - off the boil" etc for J&Ms so that when looking at the little suckers on eBay you know what not to buy etc:eusa_doh: ???

Pleasea advise.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Observation re eBay Item Pix...Any Views????

:eusa_doh: I notice there are a number of providers of eBay montage pix... Ink spot ...Auctiva etc.

I have observed that some of them give a distorted view of shoes in the montage 'thumbnail' shots. Particularly shots of the toe cap area on shoes often appear fatter/wider than they really are and in some cases (Ink spot) the pointy looks are actually wider and fuller in the flesh.

I bought a pair of shoes recently that looked pointyish in the modern way (they were 1940s deadstock) but in the reality they were rounder and fatter in the toecap area like modern Aldens bluchers.

Mis dos centavos.....

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Call it a hunch, but I have a funny feeling that this will turn out to be a great suit: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=320141083822&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=011

Is it from the late '60s, or the '70s? Almost certainly -- but it has a few details which make me think it was custom made for someone who specifically wanted a '30s look ... OR it was made as a costume, perhaps for a movie.

The seller told me that the fabric is wool. He also says that the trouser legs aren't flared or bell-bottomed. True, the front pockets on the pants are horizontal, but that doesn't bother me too much.

Are the jacket's sleeves cuffed? The photo makes it seem so, but the seller told me that the sleeve end was merely folded over. Clearly, he didn't make much of an effort to photograph the suit well.

I'll post an update when the suit arrives ...

Nonchalant

One of the Regulars
Baron Kurtz said:
Damn his eyes . I haven't been that excited by a suit for a long time.

bk

You nearly outbid me... $1 more and it would have been yours, BK. ;)

I'm thin enough to wear this now, but at 6" I'm probably too tall for it too look right on me (hate to alter those trousers). Wishful thinking on my part, I'm sure.

I may just resell it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic