Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cool (But Sold) eBay Stuff

Baron Kurtz said:
Oh, JP, you're just not the rogueish rake you would present yourself as . . .

bk

Roguish? A vagrant or a tramp/bum?! Never. :eek:
I do like my hats with a rake from from to back though.
Jug Ears' tie still looks crooked though. That used to drive my mother nuts more than anything else a man could wear. The exclamation was something like: "What's the matter? Don't they own a mirror?" :p
Every time I see Charles, he reminds me of this man:
areyoubeingserved_8.jpg

Same ears except he could tie a necktie correctly and center it in his collar.:p

Regards,

J

slicedbread

A-List Customer
I've got another suit acquisition and I can't really date it from looking it at it...any suggestions??

I notice the slim lapels, which would perhaps suggest 50's? but then the pants have a button fly (and very interesting buttoning style) and the buttons look to be a lot like 20's-30's buttons...what do you all think? I will probably be able to better tell when i receive the suit...

DSCF2201.jpg

DSCF2196.jpg

DSCF2193.jpg

DSCF2194.jpg

DSCF2191.jpg

DSCF2189.jpg

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
happyfilmluvguy said:

Very cool. I saw that one. Thing is, I would never wear it. I don't like the look for myself. But I love the style from an appreciation of vintage pov. And that something so rare still exists is so cool.

The white suit recently picked up by a fl memebe was similar thing. So cool, but not the look I really like. SO I would be so torn. It would just sit in my closet beign greatly admired but never worn. I hope whoever bought this one wears the hell out of it.

Nonchalant

One of the Regulars
Baron Kurtz said:
I wish i wasn't unemployed; i might've been able to push it up further. This was almost Holy Grail for me:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=260143394568&ssPageName=STRK:MEDW:IT&ih=016

bk

This suit arrived today, and it turned out to be even more interesting then you or I expected, BK... It has a belted back, and pleated breast and hip pockets just like Marc Chevalier's 1933 find (the one he changed the buttons on), and Benny Holiday's great custom jacket.

Amazing that the seller neglected to mention any of these details, which would have surely driven the price up more. [huh]

The suit jacket fits just the way I like it, but the trousers are so short I look like I'm ready to model for the Thom Browne catalog. I'll post pictures if your interested.

slicedbread

A-List Customer
Nonchalant said:
This suit arrived today, and it turned out to be even more interesting then you or I expected, BK... It has a belted back, and pleated breast and hip pockets just like Marc Chevalier's 1933 find (the one he changed the buttons on), and Benny Holiday's great custom jacket.

Amazing that the seller neglected to mention any of these details, which would have surely driven the price up more. [huh]

The suit jacket fits just the way I like it, but the trousers are so short I look like I'm ready to model for the Thom Browne catalog. I'll post pictures if your interested.

I'm now stewing in jealousy...please post pics =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot