Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

cooler weather finally

Phil_in_CS

Familiar Face
at least somewhat cooler, will 'only' get to 80 today.

During the hot months, I have a gin and tonic after work a couple days a week. What kinds of cocktails do you all like for cool weather?

It never gets cold here, just cool. A very rare winter day when the afternoon temp isn't at least 40

Phil_in_CS said:
at least somewhat cooler, will 'only' get to 80 today.

During the hot months, I have a gin and tonic after work a couple days a week. What kinds of cocktails do you all like for cool weather?

It never gets cold here, just cool. A very rare winter day when the afternoon temp isn't at least 40

Mint Julep :cheers1: My, my, my it sure is hot out here. It could give one the vapors. :D
Where you are sounds like my kind of place. How is the exposure to hurricane weather? :eek:

Regards to all,

J

Phil_in_CS

Familiar Face
jamespowers said:
Mint Julep :cheers1: How is the exposure to hurricane weather? :eek:

Regards to all,

J

Hurricanes? Here's mom and dad's house.
47765725_e5cafe4997.jpg

I'm in central Texas, likely too far inland for hurricane's other than a cat 5, but mom and dad live nearer the coast. Its not as bad it it looks; 20 trees down but the house is liveable. Not so several of the neighbors. I can post a link to more photos if you're interested.

I think of a mint julep as a warm weather drink too. Of course I'm running the AC today so I guess that counts as warm.

Interesting.
I probably wouldn't have that problem though because I get rid of all trees over 30 feet tall and within 100 feet of the house (except fruit trees). I suppose it is a leftover from worrying about fire breaks on my property in the Santa Cruz mountains. ;)
I would love to see the area. :cheers1:

Regards to all,

J

Phil_in_CS

Familiar Face
that is (or was) the piney woods

they had several 100+ foot pines on the property. In that first picture, one of the neighbors trees pushed the big oak onto the house, although it didn't break through the roof in the living areas of the house. A large pine flattened the car port and mom's 1981 olds 98.

Last major storm in that area was Audry in 1957, so these trees would have been much smaller then. Damage is about the same as then, although much lower loss of life since most everyone got out ahead of Rita. No one knew Audry was coming until the winds started to pick up.

And the smaller pines and oaks are still standing, ready to grow until big enough to get blown down in 110 mph winds in 50 years.

click here for others, look for the groups titled Rita

All of which gets in the mood for a drink...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points