Cooper A2 Fit Check

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by MJ7, Feb 4, 2020.

1. MJ7

MJ7 New in Town

Hi all,

I was recently gifted my late grandfather's jacket. It's a civilian issue Cooper (not that expensive), but was wondering how the fit looked to you all, and of any general advice regarding it. The jacket's a little big; do you think the shoulders are passable?

I already got it wet, and kept a close eye on it in the dryer in an attempt to shrink it a bit.

Thanks!
    Noah

Attached Files:

Kennyz likes this.
  2. El Marro

El Marro Call Me a Cab

Noah,
    For a jacket that has a special significance like that, where you can remember your grandfather every time you put it on, I think it fits fine.
    It does appear that the shoulders are quite wide for your frame. If you like the style and are looking for a closer fit you can use your Cooper jacket to take measurements and compare them against other A-2 jackets on the market.

MJ7 likes this.
  3. MJ7

MJ7 New in Town

Thanks for the response!

Are shoulder adjustments possible? Or are they generally a lost cause?

4. Bennarion

Bennarion One Too Many

The jacket is perfect for you. On the shoulders just do not pay attention, this is the specificity of A2
    b090125322390cde88b6a6b68b2ac832.jpg aaron-eckhart-midway-a2-brown-leather-jacket.jpg

Alexlutov and MJ7 like this.
  5. Seb Lucas

Seb Lucas I'll Lock Up

It's chrome tanned goat. It won't shrink. It's totally wearable and some people prefer a roomy fit. Coopers are often notoriously large in tbe shoulders. You need 18 inches and Cooper gives you 21.

MJ7, Dav and Imuricecreamman like this.
  6. Imuricecreamman

Imuricecreamman Practically Family

This is true. My 42 is 21 inches in the shoulders :) I like the fit personally and the OPs' jacket fits pretty much perfectly everywhere else.

MJ7 and Seb Lucas like this.
  7. Imuricecreamman

Imuricecreamman Practically Family

You can see that the shoulders on mine are falling pretty much like yours. Screenshot_20200203_111305_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

MJ7, El Marro and Bennarion like this.
  8. jswindle2

jswindle2 One of the Regulars

I think it fits fine. You have to remember these companies make jackets to fit the masses. Some guys have wider shoulders than others. If you want a better fit you'd have to spend several hundred or more to get a custom. Where it with pride, I say!

MJ7 likes this.
  9. Kennyz

Kennyz Familiar Face

Looks fine, Noah!

Ken

jswindle2 and MJ7 like this.