Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds

Cooper A2 Fit Check

MJ7

New in Town
Hi all,

I was recently gifted my late grandfather's jacket. It's a civilian issue Cooper (not that expensive), but was wondering how the fit looked to you all, and of any general advice regarding it. The jacket's a little big; do you think the shoulders are passable?

I already got it wet, and kept a close eye on it in the dryer in an attempt to shrink it a bit.

Thanks!
Noah

Attachments

• IMG_0097.jpeg
    IMG_0097.jpeg
    442.1 KB · Views: 676
  • IMG_0100.jpeg
    IMG_0100.jpeg
    486.4 KB · Views: 473
  • IMG_0099.jpeg
    IMG_0099.jpeg
    934.9 KB · Views: 476

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Noah,
For a jacket that has a special significance like that, where you can remember your grandfather every time you put it on, I think it fits fine.
It does appear that the shoulders are quite wide for your frame. If you like the style and are looking for a closer fit you can use your Cooper jacket to take measurements and compare them against other A-2 jackets on the market.

Reactions: MJ7

MJ7

New in Town
Noah,
For a jacket that has a special significance like that, where you can remember your grandfather every time you put it on, I think it fits fine.
It does appear that the shoulders are quite wide for your frame. If you like the style and are looking for a closer fit you can use your Cooper jacket to take measurements and compare them against other A-2 jackets on the market.
Thanks for the response!

Are shoulder adjustments possible? Or are they generally a lost cause?

Imuricecreamman

One Too Many
It's chrome tanned goat. It won't shrink. It's totally wearable and some people prefer a roomy fit. Coopers are often notoriously large in tbe shoulders. You need 18 inches and Cooper gives you 21.

This is true. My 42 is 21 inches in the shoulders :) I like the fit personally and the OPs' jacket fits pretty much perfectly everywhere else.

jswindle2

One of the Regulars
I think it fits fine. You have to remember these companies make jackets to fit the masses. Some guys have wider shoulders than others. If you want a better fit you'd have to spend several hundred or more to get a custom. Where it with pride, I say!

Reactions: MJ7

Kennyz

Familiar Face
Looks fine, Noah!

Ken

Hi all,

I was recently gifted my late grandfather's jacket. It's a civilian issue Cooper (not that expensive), but was wondering how the fit looked to you all, and of any general advice regarding it. The jacket's a little big; do you think the shoulders are passable?

I already got it wet, and kept a close eye on it in the dryer in an attempt to shrink it a bit.

Thanks!
Noah

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skylize