Cooperstown Ballcap Co.

Discussion in 'Hats' started by Red Beard, Sep 13, 2006.

1. Atticus Finch

Atticus Finch Call Me a Cab

This past summer I had the chance to attend a Brewers game at Miller Stadium. I wanted to wear something a bit out of the ordinary so, a couple of weeks before going to Milwaukee, I ordered a mid-fifties Milwaukee Braves cap from Cooperstown. A few people at the game recgonized what I was wearing and commented. Except for one teenager, who looked to be a person who knew everything there possibly was to know about the Brewers, most of the comments came from folks older than me.

[​IMG]

AF

2. Nathan Flowers

Nathan Flowers Head Bartender Staff Member

AF,

I have that same hat. It's a good hat, but I like the 30s-40s style better because of the shorter brims. Thanks for the picture!

3. Matt Deckard

Matt Deckard Man of Action

Check out the hat on the guy talking to old Indy. I also like the fact that Indy is wearing his hat more like your see on the general guy on the street from the Depression... No Michael Jackson nose pinch on the front.

[​IMG]

4. deanglen

deanglen My Mail is Forwarded Here

I pretty sure that's an eight panel cap. Beautiful! I love that type, vintage 1940s style. Terrific eye, Matt, as usual!;)

dean

5. scotrace

scotrace Head Bartender Staff Member

PERFECT description for that!

6. Colt 45's

One of my buddies picked me up a Houston Colt 45's cap for Christmas. I'll try to put a picture.

7. radsag

radsag New in Town

Cooperstown Ball Cap Co

Received hat that was a WHOLE INCH TOO BIG,asking for refund. Custom,I don't think so!

8. PoohBang

PoohBang Suspended

Just got my 1947 Pirates last night. Gave it a soak and a wear till dry...

Pretty happy so far with it. It's not 100 love but close.

9. I just went to their web site last night and found that Cooperstown Ball Cap company has CLOSED!!!

I guess I was lucky to have ordered my NY Knights cap (from the mythic team in the film "The Natural") last year. I had hoped to get a couple more early caps at some point but this is a total disappointment.

10. Cracker

Cracker One of the Regulars

I saw that, too, and was very disappointed I never pulled the trigger. A quick search hasn't revealed any other pre-50s/60s style cap makers. Does anyone know where I can get a 1940s style Houston Buffaloes cap?

11. Speedster

Speedster Practically Family

Stall & Dean http://www.stallanddean.com/index.asp used to make a Houston Buffaloes cap. But no longer on their web-page. It was regretably not in a vintage style. Pictures and describtion here: http://www.strictlyfitteds.com/blog/2008/04/stall-dean「houston-buffaloes」fitted-caps/

Ebbets Field Flannels http://www.ebbets.com/ make caps in vintage styles, but no Houston Buffaloes. They do however make a Houston Buffaloes 1932 Road Jersey: http://www.ebbets.com/product/HoustonBuffs1932Road/BaseballJerseys

But worth a try to contact either Stall & Dean or Ebbets.

12. St.Ignatz

St.Ignatz Call Me a Cab

A loss indeed. I was lucky enough to get a Galveston Sand Crabs from them many years ago.
    Tom D.

13. St.Ignatz

St.Ignatz Call Me a Cab

They look like new hat styles with old logos. Do you know if that's the case?
    Tom D.

14. cooper

cooper One of the Regulars

Ebbets I think are making some of them with short brims. The Buckram is soft inside, not plastic like the Stall & Deans, whick I think, not sure are contracted from new Era. If you email Will at Ballcap I think he will still make caps. I think it is just the MLB stuff he can't make anymore.
    Quality wise Ebbets caps are top quality.

15. PADDY

PADDY I'll Lock Up Bartender

What a shame :(

ANNOUNCEMENT

Regrettably, after twenty-three years of making fine historic replica ball caps, Cooperstown Ball Cap Company has discontinued operations. Commercial, financial and legal difficulties; and the complexity of sewing one-of-a-kind caps in the U.S, make this decision inevitable. We thank all our customers for whom, over the years, we have been pleased to make a true vintage ball cap. All orders in house will be fulfilled and, to the extent we can, CBC will post links on this website to other firms making a similar cap. If you have any questions we can be reached by e-mail.

Willy "Old Clothes" Arlt,
    Managing Director, Cooperstown Ball Cap Co. Inc

Last edited: Apr 12, 2011
  16. The Wiser Hatter

The Wiser Hatter I'll Lock Up