Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Copenhagen

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
I just purchased the movie Copenhagen, which is from the play of the same name, about a true story of the friendship of two famous nuclear physicists, one German and one Danish, who saw each other in 1941. Something happened at their meeting and their friendship ended. This play/movie is a depiction of what might have transpired betwee the two men to end their long friendship. The only other person in the story is the wife of the Danish physicist. She serves as a liaison between the audience and the men, so we know what they are talking about.

The reason I am posting it is that I saw it -- it is a heady thing to watch and I need to re-watch as some material went around my head (I am not a rocket scientist, after all) -- and I did think you all might want to rent it because of the costumes.

The two men and the woman are dressed in the era, and both men have hats, one a nice fedora, the other, I think, a homburg. They have interesting suits and there is a trenchcoat in the movie to die for. The woman wears lovely clothes, too. I figure some of you will know what you are seeing.

Check it out. And, if you do, let me know what you think of the clothes and, especially, the hats.

karol

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
Sounds interesting...

... must be about Nobel prize winner Niels Bohr.
I currently reside in Denmark- I want to see that one now.
Bohr had some very famous words of wisdom about the power of atomic energy.
I'll have to find it- thanks for mentioning it.

BT.

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
Belly Tank -- Yes, it is about the relationship of Bohr and the German physicist, Werner Heisenberg, a younger man who considered Bohr his mentor.
There is a preview before the film that shows historical footage and photos of the two men. And, of course, some information on nuclear fission.

There have evidently been conjectures for all these years as to what drove the two men apart. It is thought that whatever happened to them, happened at the time of the visit.

It is a heady film, one has to pay close attention to the dialogue and action. I need to see it again because I didn't catch everything.

I purchased my copy of the film through ebay, as I could not find it locally and had been wanting to see the play after reading the reviews. PBS showed it in movie form this past year and it just came out in DVD.

Hope you enjoy it.

karol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana