Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Couple of final photos

Marlowe

One of the Regulars
The first two pictures are of T-6 "Texans." They were advanced trainers in WWII. These planes are often painted up to look like Japanese planes in the movies. The plane off in the background in the first picture is a B-24 "Liberator," a heavy bomber like the B-17. The third picture looks like a Beech D-18 to me, although I definitely could be wrong--there were a lot of similar-looking airplanes. It was used as a transport (sort of like a private jet for generals and so on) and maybe also as an advanced trainer for multi-engine pilots. A lot of the D-18s are still flying.

Imahomer

Practically Family
Originally posted by Marlowe
The first two pictures are of T-6 "Texans." They were advanced trainers in WWII. These planes are often painted up to look like Japanese planes in the movies. The plane off in the background in the first picture is a B-24 "Liberator," a heavy bomber like the B-17. The third picture looks like a Beech D-18 to me, although I definitely could be wrong--there were a lot of similar-looking airplanes. It was used as a transport (sort of like a private jet for generals and so on) and maybe also as an advanced trainer for multi-engine pilots. A lot of the D-18s are still flying.

Wow Marlowe... You obviously know your stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points